MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latency, liquid mix
armyboy
post Thu 22 Feb 2007, 20:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 81,478

Does anyone no how to help with the latency issues with the liquid mix and Pt le.I have the wrapper and it still sounds delayed.

many thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aportman
post Tue 15 May 2007, 06:37
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 72,457

QUOTE (armyboy @ Thu 22 Feb 2007, 19:47) *
Does anyone no how to help with the latency issues with the liquid mix and Pt le.I have the wrapper and it still sounds delayed.

many thanks

I am also having the same problems with PT M-Audio. I down loaded the latest drivers and it went away for a little while. but now it has started back on my liquid mix& my UAD plugs. I have updated every driver to no avail. Very frustrating, because I am working on a project that I need them desperately. Anyone that can, please give me some answers.

Thanks!

Allen

+Quote Post
rpb1966
post Sun 14 Oct 2007, 15:06
Post #3

Member No.: 95,850

Have you tried changing the playback buffer size?, changing that to 128 or 256 will improve your latency issue, but will also be more prone to spikes and error messages tho, dependant on how many plug ins and audio tracks you are using.

+Quote Post
stuey
post Mon 17 Dec 2007, 18:04
Post #4

Member No.: 30,930

QUOTE (rpb1966 @ Sun 14 Oct 2007, 14:06) *
Have you tried changing the playback buffer size?, changing that to 128 or 256 will improve your latency issue, but will also be more prone to spikes and error messages tho, dependant on how many plug ins and audio tracks you are using.

What he said... biggrin.gif

The lower the HW Buffer the lower the latency. 256 is usually ok, if you can get down to 128 or even 64 then give it a go. It depends how you record really. If you don't use many plug ins and rely on ext pre's for your sound, you can get a away with lower latencies. If you record with plug ins ie Compressions and Eq's then best to stay at 256.

+Quote Post
urb1
post Tue 11 Mar 2008, 17:21
Post #5

Member No.: 99,469

to use the LM in PTLE, one should insert the time adjuster plug in on all tracks wich have no LM instance inserted and put in a 4056 samples delay...
works for me...
hope that helps...
What i did to use the LM while mixing is that i created a template for PT with the time adjuster plug inserted on each channel, i then disable or remove it on the tracks where i insert the LM...
cheers

+Quote Post
rpb1966
post Tue 11 Mar 2008, 17:31
Post #6

Member No.: 95,850

QUOTE (urb1 @ Tue 11 Mar 2008, 16:21) *
to use the LM in PTLE, one should insert the time adjuster plug in on all tracks wich have no LM instance inserted and put in a 4056 samples delay...
works for me...
hope that helps...
What i did to use the LM while mixing is that i created a template for PT with the time adjuster plug inserted on each channel, i then disable or remove it on the tracks where i insert the LM...
cheers

If you have a Digi rack 002, like I have, you dont suffer from latency issues, I always keep mine on 128, and with that I am also able to use about 40+ FX real time without any error messages, something that was impossible with the M Box 2.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 11:47
- © MacMusic 1997-2008