MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Is Where I'm At, a start to digital music...
Groove75
post Thu 14 Apr 2005, 01:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,510

So this is where I'm at... I've always loved music. I knew that one day I would make music... being a little of a Mac nut, I decided that I would do it electronically... So went out and got a good Mac, a M-audio midi player... and now I'm undecided with what software to go with to start... not that I want to stay with one app, I just want to know which software would let me explore and learn how to make your own music.. à la électronic...

What I want to do with music is to mix new or old vocals with music that I sample or create. Giving new life to maybe forgotten songs.

Thanks all!

--------------------
MicroT
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dasa Soul
post Thu 14 Apr 2005, 05:12
Post #2

Member No.: 38,418

G75 .i started whit Garage Band .is fun and easy to learn .and it will do what u need. there are many cool program demos that u can try .

+Quote Post
bluemercedes
post Thu 14 Apr 2005, 05:48
Post #3

Member No.: 63,773

Groove,
I have a G3 PowerBook (Pismo). Misfortune has kept me from moving on to a new G4 PowerBook so the Pro-Tools M-Box I bought a year ago remains in the box. And I know nothing of GarageBand; it doesn't work on G3. But, I do run Reason 2.5 using M-Audio Ozone 25-key board. If you're interested in making electronic music this is one way to go. It's not simple, but you can make very sophisticated and professionally sounding music with Reason very quickly. There are quite a number of electronic musicians at http://www.sectionzmusic.com/ and many of them use Reason. You might check in and ask around after listening to tracks. Hi fi. If you're interested in surf house music here's a simple sample of my stuff, done with Reason 2.5:
bluemercedes surf house Junior!Junior!
(use phones or good speakers)
Good luck,
blue

This post has been edited by bluemercedes: Thu 14 Apr 2005, 05:49

+Quote Post
stoprunner
post Thu 14 Apr 2005, 13:33
Post #4

Rookie

Member No.: 36,729

YES. Reason should be in your list, even when audio cannot be recorded directly. But it is great! and getting better! try out the demo, you'll be amazed, like I was with it the first time.

+Quote Post
angryman
post Thu 14 Apr 2005, 14:01
Post #5

Member No.: 48,084

That is so true... Reason is the most intuitive software program I have used and you don't even need to check the help files until you start getting really technical with it.

Also, as it can't record audio I would recommend getting Garage Band2 which is only £50 but a great compliment to Reason as you can run the two programs simultaneously and then record vocals etc in GB2 to go with the tracks you make in Reason.

Reason has it's critics, but I'm not ashamed of admitting that I am a fully fledged addict!

Songs made entirely within Reason 2.5

--------------------

+Quote Post
endless_nights03
post Fri 15 Apr 2005, 13:37
Post #6

Member No.: 60,674

Can't record directly? Obviously you guys haven't heard of Audio Hijack, www.rogueamoeba.com. When I had the Reaosn demo, I would use Audio Hijack to record my music from Reason since you know the demo cannot save. What Audio Hijack does, is it pipes the audio output from Reason through Audio Hijack and then out the speakers. When it records it creates an aiff file on your desktop. From there you can burn your creations. Now, I had the demo of Audio Hijack as well. What I had to deal with is 10 min of setting up my song, couldn't be to complex due to Reason's 20 min limit. And Record for 10 min, since Audio Hijack gives only 10 min of crystal clear sound before it adds noise at the 10 min limit. I did that for five months, and I was getting good at it, aslo burned my songs on CD. But, I could never go back and chacnge them since I couldn't save. But, now I have the full version of Reason and Audio Hijack, as well as a full M-Audio 60-something keyboard. cool.gif

+Quote Post
angryman
post Fri 15 Apr 2005, 13:58
Post #7

Member No.: 48,084

You still can't record vocals or real instruments even with Audio Hijack, which, BTW is so much better if you purchase a licence! Now I can record whole internet radio shows (even when I'm out) and copy to my iPod. Easy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dasa Soul
post Fri 15 Apr 2005, 17:59
Post #8

Member No.: 38,418

yea thats true ,but u can import vocals into Reason whit NNXT and also NN19 . cool.gif

+Quote Post
endless_nights03
post Fri 15 Apr 2005, 22:51
Post #9

Member No.: 60,674

You can record vocals and real instruments with Audio Hijack. You simply change the input from Reason to LineIn/ External source, and it will record sound from the mic that would be connected to the computer. But for more sophisticated recordings, I would use Live 4.0, http://www.ableton.com.
I only used Audio Hijack when I had the Demo of Reason, which doesn't save, so that I could keep my songs.

+Quote Post
Groove75
post Tue 19 Apr 2005, 21:19
Post #10

Member No.: 44,510

Thanks for all of you replys. What if I wanted to remix songs, meaning having the vocal track on hand and adding my own music to it. What would I use?

Thanks

Groove75

--------------------
MicroT

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 10:15
- © MacMusic 1997-2008