MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MidiSport 2x2 problem, compatibility with Roland JV 1010
dancingmonkey
post Fri 22 Mar 2002, 05:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,953

Set Up:
G4-500
Cubase 4.1
midiman 2x2
Technics Kn 3000
Roland JV 1010

My problem started with the introduction of my Roland JV 1010, running it alongside my Technics KN3000. the MidiSport just couldn't handle running them both at the same time (i think). When ever the Roland attempted more than three or four tracks at the same time, the signals became ragged. e.g. drum beats were out by a fraction of a second (so frustrating).

i refuse to believe that the polyphony is not enough on the Roland, (allthough the way it sounded had all the hallmarks of a lack of polyphony, which is 64 by the way)

so i downloaded a patch for the midiman to upgrade it's usb response time.

the whole thing went tits up.

now it doesn't even play. the installation seems to have deleated some integeral part of the app.

so i'm gonna try re-installing the origional and see if that works.

but my question is: has anyone experienced any problems of this ilk before, what did you do?

has anyone experienced the same problem with a JV 1010. what does anyone know about it? Is it a decent piece of kit or is it renowned throughout the industry as being a useless piece of s**t that hasn't enough polyphony?

if youre helpful i'll do a little jig,

thanks - the monkey with the moves
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 13:49
- © 440 Forums 2011