MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bss M-250's, SCAM Don't buy them!!!
alistevenson
post Tue 7 Dec 2004, 14:44
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,265

smile.gif Well peps, is 1:30pm and about hour ago same thing nearly happened to me and my friend in Sheffield. He was walking home from Uni, same story, guy, white van, speakers etc. Came back to halls to ask me about them, seemed a good deal, we were going to get them for £200. But, just as we were about to draw cash, had big second thought. Firstly, these are not £750 speakers, have you ever seen a pair of speakers for £750, I promise you they look ...nice, good speakers rely on good wood, and the wood on these BSS was obviously crap, (plus £700 speakers sound amazing). The sticker on the top showing frequency levels gave it away aswell.
For £200 you can get a good pair of speakers from a good hifi retailer (e.g Richer Sounds) and I promise you they will be better than these bss ones, plus if they break them you can always take them back.
Feel relieved that we stopped at the last minute, .....but what a scam.......good effort to the guy for trying........but what a load of crap.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scrambles
post Wed 8 Dec 2004, 20:05
Post #42

Member No.: 34,594

http://www.scamshield.com

This scam really is amazing. I got hit in college at least 3-4 years ago. Paid $200 cash and actually still have them in my living room today. They sound decent enough, good for large parties when no one's really paying attention. The pseudo-company for me was Dynalab.

Is there a White Van Scam headquarters, you think? These people are definitely trained somewhere, because it's exactly the same spiel everywhere, right down to asking for extra beer money after the deal. Didn't get me on that one though. java script:emoticon(':)')

+Quote Post
LindseyTantrum
post Fri 10 Dec 2004, 13:35
Post #43

Member No.: 56,420

Two of my friends have just bought these speakers for £400! blink.gif

They got scammed in the Sainsbury's car park in castle marina, Nottingham 2 days ago. I've just showed one of the guys this site. They're obviously not worth anywhere near that so he's pretty pissed off.

+Quote Post
souljor
post Fri 10 Dec 2004, 14:24
Post #44

Member No.: 55,832

theres obviously alot of them running this operation.

quite unbelievable really when you think they must have aheadquarters and a boss/manager etc.

angry.gif angry.gif

+Quote Post
fictionmusic
post Fri 10 Dec 2004, 16:56
Post #45

Member No.: 40,632

I imagine this secret warehouse full of crappy speakers, white vans, and guys with maps of all the university towns world-wide.

I do wonder how these guys do operate though. This scam has been pulled from Boston to Sweden and a lot of points in-between. (and even though there are those who say it all seems fair...you bought speakers, and they work...it is a scam nonetheless)

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 10 Dec 2004, 17:37
Post #46

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Maybe it's space invaders working on the earth invasion? wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

(for the innocents here, it's a joke!)

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
fbeyer
post Sat 11 Dec 2004, 11:13
Post #47

Member No.: 50,771

it seems to me the two guys are just doing a bit of creative marketing, it's not that different from when you see these amazing discounts being advertised from most music shops, where they show original prices that never exissted in real life (might have been the original inflated suggested retail price, from six years before), and the amazing new low price you get (save £££ !!!).

so these two guys are free to attribute the price they want to these speakers.

so they bought these speakers from their supplier (who knows, maybe they even paid vat) and then they pretend to have received them by accident and instead of doing the right thing - return them - they're willing to sell them to you.
so ok, that's a lie, but you got what you paid for: a pair of working speakers and a nice story.

--------------------
www.londonschoolofsound.co.uk

+Quote Post
fbeyer
post Sat 11 Dec 2004, 11:15
Post #48

Member No.: 50,771

so that's true.

so I do seem to start every sentence of mine with "so".

so I must go now.

so.

--------------------
www.londonschoolofsound.co.uk

+Quote Post
redcoat
post Thu 20 Jan 2005, 02:33
Post #49

Member No.: 58,805

on my honour im not an easily angered man but i sure as hell will stress test their speakers with a fist if i ever see them near derby unicversity again.

i feel such an ass spending £300 for em, they sure sound nice and i ordered a good samson amp to go with em, but i fear such a powerful piece of equipment will blow the speakers.

i dont know if i will call the police or punch them out if i see them again. the second sure as hell is far more tempting.

i am a person that goes for all out quality, and i feel so stupid for not listenin to gut reaction and leaving, but i had an exam and was in a rush, so they played the hurry and decide game. ack! well so long as no-one i know finds out i suppose sad.gif

+Quote Post
smalls
post Fri 21 Jan 2005, 15:01
Post #50

Member No.: 58,885

Yep, they're in cardiff today, just got done, £270 and in middle of exams... SHIT! A conselation is within 45min, the cops was onto them.. Fake registration WH 02 DLK . BEWARE..... 1 american tanned guy with the gift of the gob, no tools in the van ...hoew could i be so stupid.!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 21:40
- © 440 Forums 2011