MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Help Me Get Started, Some basic actions
sampoo
post Fri 30 May 2003, 18:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,890

Hi Guys,
Finaly, ... i got my mac dual 1.25 today!
I don't know much (better to say nothing) about the mac and osx but so far i'm realy pleased!
I got it this afternoon, took it out of the box and installed OS 10.2.3 whitout troubles, ... after that i installed the os 10.2.6 combo update witch went fine as well.
My question is:
I installed the OS and my 80GB drive witch is 1 big partition now.
I would like to make 2 partitions of this drive, ... 1 for the OS and 1 for my Samples and stuff.
How can i do this (and can i do thisd now OSX is installed already)?

My second question is if i have to make special OS settings to optimize it as a music system?

And the third question is if if i have to take praticular steps to install my RME multiface, .... or is it just, ... plug it in and install the drivers when asked?

Thanks in advance.

Alex
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BobbyA
post Thu 5 Jun 2003, 15:27
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,973

I don't have your partition answers, unfortunately, but I'd suggest you buy a second hard drive for the audio samples and any audio recorded material. They're pretty cheap these days and you'll get much more performance out of your system.

Here's a Maxtor 160GB EIDE HD (7200 RPM) for $100: http://dealmac.com/articles/51861.html

And here's a LaCie 120GB FireWire drive (7200 RPM) for $220 (with free shipping. Woo-hoo!):
http://dealmac.com/articles/51938.html

Good luck,
BobbyA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 15:06
- © MacMusic 1997-2008