MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Making The Switch. Need Suggestions.
the720k
post Mon 31 Jan 2005, 01:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,515

Well, after my PC died today, I've had it with the PC architecture and have decided to buy a Mac Mini. This has been a long time coming. It's on order now and can't wait till I get it.
To give you a little insight on my situation, here's my PC's setup:

Hardware:
Pentium 4 with 512MB RAM running Windows XP Pro
120GB hard drive
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 Audio Card
M-Audio Oxygen 8 Controller Keyboard
M-Audio Evolution UC-33e Control Unit
M-Audio MidiSport 2x4 USB

Software:
Propellerhead Reason 2.5
Propellerhead Recycle 2.1
Sony Sound Forge 7.0

I use other pieces of software, but these are the bread and butter of the operation. I have already downloaded all my drivers to run the controllers, as well as my Mac copies of Recycle and Reason. I just worry about finding a wave editor that's as good as Sound Forge for the Mac. Is there anything that won't destroy my wallet?

Another concern of mine is the pesky latency issue. I probably should have ordered a PowerMac for its PCI slots, but it's too late, I guess. I have always heard that Macs have been great as far as MIDI latency goes, but it still worries me. I may even decide to plug my Creative Labs Extigy into the Mac Mini so that I can have audio input capability, but that will probably affect my latency, as well, wouldn't it?

At any rate, hope someone can shed some light on this soon-to-be convert!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 04:56
- © MacMusic 1997-2008