MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need To Upgrade Os 10.7.5 To More Recent,, Will I lose my Kontakt libraries?
Quetz
post Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 61,905

Hi, smile.gif
in order to use recent Kontakt libraries i need to upgrade Kontakt itself, and in order to upgrade Kontakt I will need to upgrade my Mac OS.

I'm currently on MacBook Pro, late 2011, 2.4 GHz intel Core 17, 16GB RaM 1333 MHz, DDR3 10.7.5, and it works like a charm. rolleyes.gif
I'm using Logic Pro 9 and Ableton Live 9, Kontakt 5.3.00.14 and mostly Kontakt libraries.

If I purchase and install a new OS (probably 10.8.something) , will I lose my softwares authorizations, and will I have to re-authorize my Kontakt libraries, plugins, etc, or can i proceed with no fear? unsure.gif

Any lucky or bad experience someone? rolleyes.gif

Thanks in advance ! biggrin.gif
Best

Quetz
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Mon 19 Oct 2015, 15:50
Post #2

Member No.: 88,124

in my experience incremental upgrades, when i've simply installed my new OS over the top of the previous one, have not erased my various licenses. when i've really been concerned about an upgrade, i've made a bootable clone of my system with Carbon Copy before proceeding. easy to go back.
for you, an important question will be which version of Kontakt matches which OS... i'm using Kontakt 5 now with 10.10, and seem to recall having to move from 10.8 to 10.9 sometime in the past when the latest version of Kontakt was out. memory on that is fuzzy though.
good luck!

+Quote Post
Quetz
post Mon 19 Oct 2015, 18:56
Post #3

Member No.: 61,905

QUOTE (houstonmusic @ Mon 19 Oct 2015, 15:50) *
in my experience incremental upgrades, when i've simply installed my new OS over the top of the previous one, have not erased my various licenses. when i've really been concerned about an upgrade, i've made a bootable clone of my system with Carbon Copy before proceeding. easy to go back.
for you, an important question will be which version of Kontakt matches which OS... i'm using Kontakt 5 now with 10.10, and seem to recall having to move from 10.8 to 10.9 sometime in the past when the latest version of Kontakt was out. memory on that is fuzzy though.
good luck!

Thank you for your response houstonmusic!

I was planning to upgrade to 10.8, but as apparently my MacBook Pro is supposed to be able to run OSX 10, I think I have to try upgrading directly to 10.10..

I don't have Carbon Copy, do you think Time Machine can do the job of restoring my current system if anything goes wrong?

Best
Quetz

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Tue 20 Oct 2015, 16:34
Post #4

Member No.: 88,124

time machine will restore files from your documents folder, but won't create (i believe) a bootable disk, nor re-install your authorizations.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 14:52
- © MacMusic 1997-2008