MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Cc Question From Newbie Oldie, pitch bend from cc pedal??
Jaysee
post Tue 3 Feb 2004, 03:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,025

Wow this site is terrific, I wish I'd found it earlier.
I'm a 'newbie' when it comes to the latest electronic music gear and computer jargon. Yet I'm an 'oldie' inso far as I bought my first synth (an EMS SynthiA and DK1 keyboard) in 1974...... thirty years ago! I've still got it too.
I've got an imac G3 and an ibookG3, neither of which has a soundcard, Is this any way around this or am I going to have to replace them with a G4?s I'm thinking of buying some new gear to amuse myself with, possibly something like Logic or MOTU software like performa and mach5. I've never tried a software sequencer(or synth for that matter) but I used a roland 'analogue' sequencer to control an Arp Oddysey LIVE twenty odd years ago...scary when a brush against the tuning knobs by a roadie could spell disaster. The other keyboard player in our band(less financially challenged than I!) used a CV+gate Roland MC4 to run an fab Oberheim 4 voice and a roland system 100. Not a midi lead in sight!
The only bit of modern gear I own is a nord modular, which kinda reminds me of my quirky old EMS. Great bit of kit.

Unfortunately I had a stroke 5 years ago which left my left hand paralysed. I'm wondering if I could use a cc pedal for pitch bend?I'm not sure but I believe there is some inherant difficulty with assigning a controller to that parameter as it doesnt update often enough to get a smooth bend, resulting in 'zipper noise' or midi choke. It wouldnt have to have a zero point in the middle of its travel like minimoog wheel, I'd be content to just bend 'up' a couple of semitones for those expressive Jan Hammer/George Duke type lead solos most keyboard players my age used to copy so shamelessly back in the 70's Any thoughts?
regards John Connell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 26 Apr 2024, 16:04
- © MacMusic 1997-2008