MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> 3 Strikes With Ram Upgrade, Which Brand of Ram?
Nels
post Sat 5 Feb 2005, 13:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,398

Well, guys and dolls,

Failed 2 times to upgrade the memory on my Alum. 15" Powerbook G4 1.25 w/ Superdrive
(PC2700 DDR 333 SO-DIMM 200-Pin)

Tried Corsair Ram(NOT TESTED FOR MACS) ...Microcenter / 1 GB at 359.00
Tried OWC RAM(TESTED W/ LIFETIME GUARANTEE) / 2 X 1GB at 239.00ea. <<Both Sticks a Bust!

Symptoms: Kernel Panics galore, wake up issues, had to reboot repeatedly to get the Desktop up, without freeze. ..Note: When I finally got the Desktop up, the ram was recognized and everything ran fine, though there did not appear to be any difference in performance/speed. ...Another Note: With my original ram, I have no issues what so ever.

Before purchasing the RAM, I'd read mucho articles on the Alum. PB G4 memory upgrade. Many of which talked about problems with the Samsung original ram, as well. And so I was lead to believe that a different, less expensive alternative would work. My only course left to take now, is to buy the Samsung memory, but then ......what if that doesn't work?

Needless to say, after all that I've gone thru these past few weeks, with all the trials and errors, opening and closing of the PB to try different slot combinations, etc. and then going through the return for refund process, I'm a bit wary. ....I've read much on what could be the cause,(10.3.7, motherboard issues, etc.), but nothing substantial or consistent enough, soooooooooooo

As I'm sure some of you have gone through similar trials, I thought I'd ask, ..DOES ANYBODY KNOW, ...WHICH BRAND WILL WORK, ..FOR SURE? ....WILL THE REAL SAMSUNG, PLEASE STAND UP?

Any comments or suggestions would be very much appreciated, as always.

Thanks,
Nels wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 4 May 2024, 18:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008