MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic/g5/dp, No sound with Logic
Z09
post Tue 21 Jul 2009, 16:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109,722

Hi everybody,

I have recently installed Logic Pro.8.02 on my G5 bipro
everythings seems OK but I have no sound !
You have to know that just before I worked with Digital Performer.
DP is OK with the sound but I can't have sound when I open Logic.
DP and Logic are on the same computer but I never use them together…
Is anybody can help me ?
Thank you

This post has been edited by Z09: Tue 21 Jul 2009, 16:38
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hitmusicinc
post Wed 22 Jul 2009, 10:54
Post #2

Member No.: 98,921

In logic go to preference select audio and see what your output is set to JIMM

+Quote Post
Z09
post Wed 22 Jul 2009, 11:43
Post #3

QUOTE (hitmusicinc @ Wed 22 Jul 2009, 11:54) *
In logic go to preference select audio and see what your output is set to JIMM

I does'nt see what you mean with JIMM…
I have been to “Preferences” / Audio but where is the output adjustment ?
and I does'nt see nothing about JIMM

Thank you

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Thu 23 Jul 2009, 07:27
Post #4

Member No.: 81,499

This is the audio driver page for Logic Pro. Use the "Device" drop down menu to select your audio device (Built-in Microphone equates to your internal speakers / headphone output). If you are using an external sound card, this should appear in the list.

You may also need to check the sound output assignment in System Preferences > Sound.

I have no idea what the previous poster meant by "JIMM". Unless they meant me...?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_1.png ( 122.86K ) Number of downloads: 3

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
Z09
post Thu 23 Jul 2009, 09:01
Post #5

QUOTE (Jim Hoyland @ Thu 23 Jul 2009, 08:27) *
This is the audio driver page for Logic Pro. Use the "Device" drop down menu to select your audio device (Built-in Microphone equates to your internal speakers / headphone output). If you are using an external sound card, this should appear in the list.

You may also need to check the sound output assignment in System Preferences > Sound.

I have no idea what the previous poster meant by "JIMM". Unless they meant me...?

Thank you Jim but I did it yet and my audio card (MOTU Traveler) appears in the list
… it is crazy because every thing seems OK just one thing : no sound from the output 1-2…(and others of course !)

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Fri 24 Jul 2009, 09:59
Post #6

Can you route system sounds (e.g. alerts, QuickTime, iTunes) to your MOTU device?

If not, there may be a driver problem, so you should check to see if there are any updates available from MOTU.

If you can use the MOTU in this way, try launching Logic, then press and hold "CTRL" as the software is loading. You should get a dialogue asking if you want to use the Core Audio driver. Select "no". When Logic has finished loading go to the Audio preference page we were looking at before. Click the "Core Audio" tab and activate the Core Audio driver with the little check box in the top left corner. Try switching between built-in audio and your Motu device (pressing "Apply Changes" each time).

After each "switch" go to your Loops browser and double click on any "blue" loop so it plays in preview mode. Are you getting sound with either option?

If your drivers are up-to-date and the above procedure doesn't jump-start the MOTU, you may need to trash your Logic preferences which can be found in:

User > Library > Preferences > com.apple.logic.pro.cs

These will be regenerated the next time you launch Logic so its not a problem.

Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll try to think of something else...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Z09
post Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:24
Post #7

QUOTE (Jim Hoyland @ Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:59) *
Can you route system sounds (e.g. alerts, QuickTime, iTunes) to your MOTU device?

If not, there may be a driver problem, so you should check to see if there are any updated available from MOTU.

If you can use the MOTU in this way, try launching Logic, then press and hold "CTRL" as the software is loading. You should get a dialogue asking if you want to use the Core Audio driver. Select "no". When Logic has finished loading go to the Audio preference page we were looking at before. Click the "Core Audio" tab and activate the Core Audio driver with the little check box in the top left corner. Try switching between built-in audio and your Motu device (pressing "Apply Changes" each time).

After each "switch" go to your Loops browser and double click on any "blue" loop so it plays in preview mode. Are you getting sound with either option?

If your drivers are up-to-date and the above procedure doesn't jump-start the MOTU, you may need to trash your Logic preferences which can be found in:

Hello Jim,
first, thank you for your help
you have to know that my drivers are Updated and I got the latest Updates version for my Audio card (I do it 3 days ago)
I have done everything you told me, I do it twice but the result is the same. When I go in the loop browser and select, I only ear clic in my monitors !
I send you attached file where you can see the error wich is indicates by Logic

QUOTE (Z09 @ Fri 24 Jul 2009, 11:21) *

If not, there may be a driver problem, so you should check to see if there are any updates available from MOTU.

Hello Jim,
you have to know that my drivers are Updated and I got the latest Updates version for my Audio card (I do it 3 days ago)
I have done everything you told me, I do it twice but the result is the same. When I go in the loop browser and select, I only ear clic in my monitors !

QUOTE (Z09 @ Fri 24 Jul 2009, 11:21) *

Hello Jim,
you have to know that my drivers are Updated and I got the latest Updated version for my Audio card (I do it 3 days ago)

This post has been edited by Z09: Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:22
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Image_3.png ( 531.71K ) Number of downloads: 3
Attached File  Image_3.png ( 531.71K ) Number of downloads: 5

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Sat 25 Jul 2009, 12:07
Post #8

Hmmm...

I guess the next things to check are possible peripheral conflicts. If you are using other FireWire devices (external HD, video card etc.) try disconnecting them, doing a fresh restart of your computer and then launching Logic to see whether that makes any difference.

If you are currently using a FireWire hub, try removing that from your set-up and connecting your MOTU directly to the computer.

I notice from the MOTU website that the Traveler can be either FireWire bus or mains powered. If you are currently working using bus power, try switching to mains power instead.

If none of the above helps, you may need to reinstall Logic. Drag the Logic application to the trash and then run the installer again. When installing software, its a good idea to repair permissions after each software install, restart, look for software updates, run permission repair again.

One last thing. I've never used MOTU interfaces myself, but the website makes reference to some software called CueMix and AudioDesk. If these are required for operation, please check that there aren't conflicts in settings with Logic (e.g. are sample rates set in CueMix & Logic matched?).

We are fast approaching the limits of my guesswork I'm afraid!

--------------------

+Quote Post
deaconblue
post Sun 26 Jul 2009, 08:38
Post #9

Member No.: 11,156

Z09,

CueMix should be installed with the FireWire drivers from MOTU (it is a FireWire driver package for all the FW enabled interfaces) along with the MOTU Audio Setup applet. The AudioDesk software is the 'LE' version of DP which ships with MOTU Hardware for the Mac.

Can you open up the Audio MIDI utility (Hard Drive -> Applications -> Utilities -> Audio Midi Setup) and confirm that you can see the device in the list there? If CORE AUDIO/MIDI doesn't see it, then Logic never will.

When you plug in and turn on the Traveler does the MOTU Audio Setup applet open up automatically? If not, the Traveler is not communicating with the MOTU drivers.

On the tracks you are attempting to record on in Logic, do you have "record enabled" (red button) on the track you are trying to monitor/record? Small step, but one often overlooked by people switching in to Logic from DP.

Is the click you are hearing the Metronome?

In the MOTU Audio Setup Applet, what is the default channel for monitoring set to? Is it the same channel(s) you are plugging your instrument/mic into?

These will help narrow down where the issue in the signal chain, both hardware and virtual may be.

Post back with your findings.

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post
Z09
post Mon 27 Jul 2009, 18:03
Post #10

QUOTE (deaconblue @ Sun 26 Jul 2009, 09:38) *
Z09,

CueMix should be installed with the FireWire drivers from MOTU (it is a FireWire driver package for all the FW enabled interfaces) along with the MOTU Audio Setup applet. The AudioDesk software is the 'LE' version of DP which ships with MOTU Hardware for the Mac.

Can you open up the Audio MIDI utility (Hard Drive -> Applications -> Utilities -> Audio Midi Setup) and confirm that you can see the device in the list there? If CORE AUDIO/MIDI doesn't see it, then Logic never will.

When you plug in and turn on the Traveler does the MOTU Audio Setup applet open up automatically? If not, the Traveler is not communicating with the MOTU drivers.

On the tracks you are attempting to record on in Logic, do you have "record enabled" (red button) on the track you are trying to monitor/record? Small step, but one often overlooked by people switching in to Logic from DP.

Is the click you are hearing the Metronome?

In the MOTU Audio Setup Applet, what is the default channel for monitoring set to? Is it the same channel(s) you are plugging your instrument/mic into?

These will help narrow down where the issue in the signal chain, both hardware and virtual may be.

Post back with your findings.

peace.

Hi, and thank for your help.
I have worked on Audio/Midi set Up as you told me and I got sound ! BUT only with Integrated Audio output,
when I select the MOTU card in Preferences it does'nt sound at all ! just clics !
… well I think we are in the right direction and I think the problem is not so hard but,
if you have others ideas you are welcome !
I write you back if I find something new

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 23:45
- © MacMusic 1997-2008