MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Re-scoring Already-scored Films, How can this be done?
soko
post Sat 25 Feb 2006, 00:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 77,361

For a personal project, I want to take a professional film, and set a scene from it to a new score. Problem: how can I eliminate its current score and still retain all dialogue/noises? Any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Sat 25 Feb 2006, 09:06
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

I haven't tried this but I understand you can do something like this in imovie. You may not be able to do it with a regular copy encoded DVD though. You may have to download thru a PTP server some quicktime scenes or something like that. You can maybe try something like ripping files off of DVDs though with Mac the Ripper (freeware...google it). Doing this by the way is okay if you don't try to sell the product or charge admission to see the product. I understand you can use it as a Demo to find work with or show your friends or whatever. Once the movie is ripped you can replace the audio with whatever you choose. I would think though that you will have to be pretty tricky with cutting out all the sound around the unwanted music as just removing it via EQ sounds pretty impossible.

This post has been edited by mortalengines: Sat 25 Feb 2006, 09:08
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 16 Apr 2024, 17:06
- © 440 Forums 2011