MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Future Macbook Pro Revisions: Merom?
sharvax
post Thu 23 Mar 2006, 22:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 78,488

So I was about to place my order for one of those shiny new MacBook Pros, when I heard about possibility of the Merom 64-bit mobile processor being released before the end of the year.. Do any of you think the Merom will run Logic significantly better than the current Core Duo? I can't decide if I want to just make the investment now and hope it won't be obsolete too soon, or wait it out. Any thoughts?

(First post BTW, hi! smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 24 Mar 2006, 02:06
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Hi wink.gif

I'd say you'd better expect the frequencies going up than a new processor. Apple has still the pro Desktop range to migrate and they are on the starting blocks for 64 bits CPUs… wink.gif

Anyway, the only reason right now to move on macintel is the availability of the software and drivers you need. And it's still a rather scarce category even if a lot of announcements have been done. Instead of making plans on the comet, stick to what we've got.

Btw, I have a lot of problem to follow the naming schemes of Intel… I really regret the period we had numbers to tell us where we were… rolleyes.gif too much marketing confusion kill markets. cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 09:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008