MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reason 3 On An Imac G5
alias2005
post Thu 1 Dec 2005, 15:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,264

Hi there everyone!

Just bought a new iMac 2,1 GHz with 1,5 gig RAM. I bought reason 3 at the same moment and installed it today on my computer, and as well the 3.04 update. I will receive my soundcard next week, but I decided to have a look at the program before that. So I play the demo song that opens automatically in the beginning and what do I recognize... the cpu meter is running at probably 50 % and the program is reacting quite slow.
Does this happen because I use at the moment the integrated sound card that comes with the mac? I have checked out reason at my friends house and the program runs smoothly and with minimal cpu usage (AMD processor).
Do anyone have an answer to this question?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edge100
post Fri 9 Dec 2005, 03:54
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 43,617

QUOTE (alias2005 @ Dec 1 2005, 14:18)
Hi there everyone!

Just bought a new iMac 2,1 GHz with 1,5 gig RAM. I bought reason 3 at the same moment and installed it today on my computer, and as well the 3.04 update. I will receive my soundcard next week, but I decided to have a look at the program before that. So I play the demo song that opens automatically in the beginning and what do I recognize... the cpu meter is running at probably 50 % and the program is reacting quite slow.
Does this happen because I use at the moment the integrated sound card that comes with the mac? I have checked out reason at my friends house and the program runs smoothly and with minimal cpu usage (AMD processor).
Do anyone have an answer to this question?

Make sure you have your processor performance set to "Highest" in the Energy Saver System Preferences.

It makes a HUGE difference! I'll wager this is the problem. Your G5 iMac should have no problem with the Reason 3.0 demo song.

+Quote Post
ARCVILE
post Fri 4 Aug 2006, 15:32
Post #3

Member No.: 82,049

Make sure you have your processor performance set to "Highest" in the Energy Saver System Preferences.

It makes a HUGE difference! I'll wager this is the problem. Your G5 iMac should have no problem with the Reason 3.0 demo song.

Edge is right, after setting it that way it will work out great. I have a imac G5 too and have no problem with Reason 3.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 17:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008