MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Cd Explosion, or Exploding CD
Syne Wave
post Sat 9 Apr 2005, 19:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,569

laugh.gif What's that? LAUGH?? I nearly didn't believe it until I removed my cd player from my PC and the CD came out in 000's of teeny weeny itty bits!
So - of course - I searched the net to see what it was all about, AND .. .. .. .. There is quite a lot of interesting stuff. Some guys at college strapped a CD to a DREMEL drill and spun it up, needless to say the thing took off like a proverbial bat-- stuck in the ceiling WOW - could have had someone's eye out -so they say.
I wondered if there was a club I could join now - having survived a CD blowing up. Perhaps one gets a medal ?
Tell you what though, make's me think every time I spin one up in the drive.
There was a warning about minute bits floating out and those getting in your eye.
---------------
ANYWAY - 'nuff said. In case you are interested, it's going to become more common as spin speeds achieve 64X. The media has found it's limits - for now.
SOLUTION : One web site suggested fitting multiple read heads to cut the speed.
---------------
Well, over to you. I'm off for a pizza - home made - of course. rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Syne Wave   Cd Explosion   Sat 9 Apr 2005, 19:41
- - dixiechicken   Also quite a few cd-roms are slighty un-balanced i...   Sun 10 Apr 2005, 22:13

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 23:25
- © PcMusic 1997-2007