MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audio Enhancement Software
LGLDSR
post Sun 29 Jun 2008, 14:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,997

Sorry if I have not posted this in the correct Forum but it was as close as I could find. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I have a segment of audio (voice) that is 00:00:11 in length which was originally extremely difficult to understand what was being said. After spending countless hours using Audacity I have been able to successfully extract all but the trailing two words to this whisper.

I have gone as far as I can with Audacity, using it's Effects (amplification, pitch, High and Low Pass filter, etc) to what I believe to be their maximum potential for my work. As such I am still in need of software that will run under OS-X 10.4.11 that will allow me to 'pull out' what these last two words are in this conversation. If I need to start from scratch then so be it since I am now aware of all but the last two spoken words.

Again, any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
melenko
post Sun 29 Jun 2008, 18:36
Post #2

SuperHero

Member No.: 9,408

Hi,
try this :
http://www.db-audioware.com/vocalintensifier.htm
pretty efficient, and cheap.

--------------------
MacPro dual 2.66 - 8 Go - SL10.6.6- DP 7.2.1 - RME FFCE 800 - URS, Sonnox, Stilwell, Nomad Factory, Kontakt 4.2.2, Trillian, Stylus, EZ drummer, SD2, UVIworkstation, Altiverb - KRK - JBL
Neve 8801 - Brauner - Roland A-37, etc.

+Quote Post
Dasa Soul
post Mon 30 Jun 2008, 06:54
Post #3

Member No.: 38,418

Aloha !! you can a old copy of iLIFE on ebay for $5 to 10 , which has Garage Band .and it will do a bunch of cool stuf .if you computer will handle .(1 GHz is recomended ) cool.gif

+Quote Post
LGLDSR
post Mon 30 Jun 2008, 07:02
Post #4

QUOTE (LGLDSR @ Sun 29 Jun 2008, 14:15) *
Sorry if I have not posted this in the correct Forum but it was as close as I could find. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I have a segment of audio (voice) that is 00:00:11 in length which was originally extremely difficult to understand what was being said. After spending countless hours using Audacity I have been able to successfully extract all but the trailing two words to this whisper.

I have gone as far as I can with Audacity, using it's Effects (amplification, pitch, High and Low Pass filter, etc) to what I believe to be their maximum potential for my work. As such I am still in need of software that will run under OS-X 10.4.11 that will allow me to 'pull out' what these last two words are in this conversation. If I need to start from scratch then so be it since I am now aware of all but the last two spoken words.

Again, any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Thanks! I'll give that a try although I see it is a Plug-In but it is not stated which audio applications accept it. Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks again!

QUOTE (dasasoul @ Mon 30 Jun 2008, 06:54) *
Aloha !! you can a old copy of iLIFE on ebay for $5 to 10 , which has Garage Band .and it will do a bunch of cool stuf .if you computer will handle .(1 GHz is recomended ) :cool:

Thanks. I have Garage Band but am unable to import .MP3 or .WAV files into it...so I am a bit confused as to how I could use this program to modify the source file.

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Wed 2 Jul 2008, 00:54
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

Garageband will use Audio Unit plug ins so it should be ok if the plug in question is AU....GB doesn't accept wav files? I thought it did....seems like I've used wav files in GB before (then again I use Ableton and my daughter uses GB so I am definitely not an authority on the subject). Maybe try converting your wav file to aiff in i-Tunes.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

+Quote Post
LGLDSR
post Sun 13 Jul 2008, 23:54
Post #6

QUOTE (mortalengines @ Wed 2 Jul 2008, 00:54) *
Garageband will use Audio Unit plug ins so it should be ok if the plug in question is AU....GB doesn't accept wav files? I thought it did....seems like I've used wav files in GB before (then again I use Ableton and my daughter uses GB so I am definitely not an authority on the subject). Maybe try converting your wav file to aiff in i-Tunes.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

My mistake, GB certainly does accept .WAV files.

I have downloaded Vocal Intensifier from DB-Audioware but for the life of me I do not see how this is imported in Garage Band. Can someone assist please?

Many thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 19:44
- © 440 Forums 2011