MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Top picks for hardware synthesizers?, More concerned about quality than price ^^
post Wed 17 Oct 2001, 02:41
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

Yes indeed, lovies; I'd like to go all out and purchase an extremely good synthesizer keyboard, to go along with my Logic software (which I'll be getting quite soon for my birthday! =D Yipee! =D). What does everyone reccommend?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
post Wed 17 Oct 2001, 12:55
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,003

hi!  sounds like it's for you to take a trip to the forums at www.synthzone.com  !  just be carefull!  their a roudy bunch of folks!  but they will give more info than you could possibly use.
the forums can be found in the second block of goodies, listed as discussion pages.

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Synthetic
post Sat 17 Nov 2001, 19:18
Post #3

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,082

That is a heavily opinionated topic. Everyone has their own idea of what synth is best depending on what type of music you create and how you create it... for example some people do not like workstation synths and just want something with lots of control and great sound but I happen to like the workstation synths especially when it comes to using for live performances. I own a Yamaha CS6x and love the sounds I can get out of it and I like the ability to use it as 16 part multi-timberal instrument with midi sequencing. I would really like to trade up to the new Yamaha Motif line though because everything I didn't like about my CS6x was fixed and upgraded on the Motif series. On the other hand... you got to love the sounds that people are getting out of the Nord synths. I think sound creation on those things is great... for example... Crystal Method use a Nord lead for a lot of their synth sounds and they just keep blowing me away. I also have a fondness for that new Alesis analog monster that came out a year or so ago. Its got a hefty price though. That is my 2 cents ;-)

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:49
- © 440 Forums 2011