MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Small Studio With Splendid Equipment, Need a help to manage...
flemming
post Wed 3 Aug 2005, 00:31
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,317

You need to rent some time in a high-end recording/mastering facility.

I'm not gonna waste my time going into a tape vs. digital discussion with you since you're quite obviously one of the fanatically religious types there. It'd be a futile debate. I will say though that I think I've had my fair share of high end recording experiences over the years, and I still like digital. I DO prefer having a lot of nice old analog outboard gear and a desk on the way in, but I LIKE editing, I think it's a lot of fun. If it's done for the right reasons (namely: music).

Anyway, just wanted to say that I think it's slightly uncool of you to patronize someone you don't know by implying that my experience isn't up to par just because I (along with something like 95% of all other engineers in the world, mind you!) don't agree with you. Not a great way to make new friends! :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
keefer.k
post Wed 3 Aug 2005, 19:16
Post #12

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,268

>....since you're quite obviously one of the fanatically religious types there.

Wow, just because I use Macintosh and PC DAWs and like analog tape as a pre-DAW capture format? I'm ready to investigate the next great thing, but not to give up what has and does work.

I'm still hoarding a pair of SoundDesigner II/AudioMedia II systems because they work. Ready for a museum, but working.

Maybe I wasn't clear with the background. Most of the time when we are in studio/mastering facilities, the point is "the project". We HAVE to get it done on-time and (fingers crossed) under budget. This is not a time for A-B subtle comparison of signal paths.

With pre-planning, and investigation of several options, future projects may sound just a tiny bit better at no additional cost to the client. Under pressure is no time to make those choices, the producer/engineer has to Know.

> I LIKE editing, I think it's a lot of fun. If it's done for the right reasons (namely: music).

I totally agree with you that editing on a DAW is fun. It's non-destructive, doesn't wear out a master tape, and uses pretty inexpensive gear.

>Anyway, just wanted to say that I think it's slightly uncool of you to patronize

Not degrading your experiences, not patronizing. Hoping to hear success stories and ways that things worked.

>someone you don't know by implying that my experience isn't up to par just because I (along with something like 95% of all other engineers in the world, mind you!) don't agree with you. Not a great way to make new friends! :-)

I bet some of the listees are already my friends. We don't have to agree on everything to benefit from each others experiences. My favorite people aren't much like me at all :-)

Cheers.

Karl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 00:06
- © 440 Forums 2011