MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Imac With 2 Monitors
andyface
post Tue 14 Nov 2006, 15:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,494

On my iMac there is one mini-DVI output. I have a Panasonic flatscreen TV connected to that output and would love to see Movies on it and continue working on other things on the iMac screen. However, if I want to go to full screen mode to see the video nicely on TV, the full screen mode is executed on my monitor of the iMac and not the TV. -
(I have managed to work around it by moving the menu bar to the TV screen in the preference settings for displays, then double click the movie to go to full screen mode, but before that double click, make sure that all apps that are open and I'm working on are moved to the iMac screen (now without menu/dock) - just a little too much of a drag, really!)

Does anyone have a tip regarding this limitation? - is there a software/share- or freeware that could help solving the issue?

My other question regards the resolution to be selected in the display prefs for the VGA out / TV. The specs of the TV says 1024 x 720 pixels, but doesnt specify the frequency in Hz I should select from the list in the display prefs. -

thanks a lot for any inputs!

iMac, 2GHz Intel Core duo, 1GB DDR2 SDRAM, bus: 667 MHz running OSX Tiger Version 10.4.6
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 14 Nov 2006, 17:01
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

For the screen choice, AFAIK the only solution I guess would be the playback software letting you choose the screen… But I'm not the best source for video playback hint. unsure.gif

As for the frequency of your TV, it should be in the tech stuff about it, try the manufacturer website if you don't have the manual anymore. But you can try by multiples of 25 : 50, 75, 100… (note, this is for TV, if it's a screen well made for use as a monitor, it may support other clocks and there, it's all mystery) If the frequency is not supported, the screen will keep black and OS X will revert it to defaults after 15 seconds. Now if you see things on the screen, you know then the basic frequency it supports, the real question is, does it support another one?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 15:00
- © MacMusic 1997-2008