MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Midi Help Please
mauibuilt
post Tue 19 Jun 2007, 00:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 92,254

Hi guys,

I had just got Logic trial demo and I need some help on the MIDI portion.

I read somewhere to get the MIDI to play the QT synths the easiest, is....

1. go into the environment
2. In the MIDI Inst, create a new QT synth
3. connect the GM device to the QT synth

it works!, the MIDI is played and I can record it. It records in the MIDI tracks and I don't know how to get it to send to Outputs 1-2. Now, I have a problem of the sound of the instruments I play, for example, the drums.....it comes out of the computer output instead of my interface output. The audio I have recorded comes through my interface.

Is there a way of getting the MIDI to playback in my interface and get it also to bounce with my audio tracks I have recorded?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kwasi
post Tue 19 Jun 2007, 10:53
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 39,259

The QT synth uses the Quicktime engine which plays according to the system sound settings, so to get it to play through your interface you need to go to system prefs under the apple menu. Never tried this myself but I think that's how it works.
Not too sure about your second question though. I think the QT synth is more of an external instrument even though it is software-based. That means you will have to record your sound output back into the input and onto an audio track. Once it is audio it will bounce through Outputs 1-2. As I said never tried it myself, so correct me if I'm wrong smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mauibuilt
post Tue 19 Jun 2007, 11:46
Post #3

Member No.: 92,254

there's no option for outputs for the MIDI, only input. as far as sending the out to the input, the computer makes too much white noise to do that.

I know there's a way to do make it happen, I just dont know how. I'm so used to PT but I heard Logic is much better.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 16:14
- © MacMusic 1997-2008