MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Control Looping Software With Midi Pedal?, Any advice how how to do this?
lamaglama
post Sun 10 Jan 2010, 17:46
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 112,391

Hello!
I am looking for advice on what software / pedal combination would allow me to do this:

I play guitar and would like to be able to record a phrase I play on guitar, then with a click of a foot pedal have the software loop the phrase automatically while I play a lead over it, then I want to step on the pedal again to make the software stop playing the current loop and simultaneously start recording while I play a new phrase. I have a Boss looper pedal that almost does this, but it wont do it "in time". You have to step on the pedal for 2 seconds to erase the old loop so it is not designed well for live performance. Is there a software / pedal combo that would allow me to do this with my MacBook? I'm guessing if there is it would be a pedal that sends MIDI commands.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Sun 10 Jan 2010, 18:35
Post #2

Member No.: 88,124

Live will do this, of course. though you'd have to set a midi pedal system.

+Quote Post
ironhead
post Tue 12 Jan 2010, 08:27
Post #3

Member No.: 62,788

QUOTE (lamaglama @ Sun 10 Jan 2010, 16:46) *
Hello!
I am looking for advice on what software / pedal combination would allow me to do this:

I play guitar and would like to be able to record a phrase I play on guitar, then with a click of a foot pedal have the software loop the phrase automatically while I play a lead over it, then I want to step on the pedal again to make the software stop playing the current loop and simultaneously start recording while I play a new phrase. I have a Boss looper pedal that almost does this, but it wont do it "in time". You have to step on the pedal for 2 seconds to erase the old loop so it is not designed well for live performance. Is there a software / pedal combo that would allow me to do this with my MacBook? I'm guessing if there is it would be a pedal that sends MIDI commands.

you may want to check this new tools from ableton live at the link below

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2009/05/...live-8s-looper/

+Quote Post
Vadim Chaly
post Tue 12 Jan 2010, 17:08
Post #4

Member No.: 71,671

AFAIK Behringer FCB1010 is the most affordable/versatile MIDI foot controller around.

+Quote Post
pjhk
post Wed 3 Feb 2010, 17:13
Post #5

Member No.: 82,653

I second the Ableton and Behringer suggestions. Expert Sleepers Augustus Loop + the behringer fcb1010 is also a good combo if you don't need/want to go the Ableton route.

http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/augustusloop.html

Also check out the Loopers Delight resources, linked from the augustus page.

good luck

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Thu 4 Feb 2010, 18:02
Post #6

Member No.: 88,124

the "soft step", a new product from Keith McMillan profiled in today's new products, looks promising for what you're interested in doing. very promising.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 19 Mar 2024, 06:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008