MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dp For Os X?, Is MOTU stuck on the horn of a dilemma?
Levon River
post Mon 23 Dec 2002, 23:25
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,734

QUOTE (Yukulele @ Dec 23 2002, 14:51)
QUOTE (Levon River @ Dec 21 2002, 14:35)
Man, after all this time, they *better* have a native OS X version, or it's going to look like they were doing their coding using flint tools on stone.

I ment 100% native OS X . At the moment, the only 100% native sequencer that i know of is Intuem... Can someone elaborate about:
Logic ->
Metro ->
Cubase SX ->
Nuendo 2 ->

Oh, right--I see your distinction. Hmm. Well, I imagine they are caught between a rock and a hard place, and are going to have to include support for OS 9.x lingerers somehow--at least for a while--so it may be Carbonized, or they may have two different versions in the package. This is all just guesswork; I don't know, and also don't know about the others you named. Hope somebody else does.

Do you think MOTU started working on DP X before the 3.1.1 release? Or just after? Or simultaneously, for X months now? How many developpers does MOTU count?

Man, Yuke, you must think I just have spies everywhere. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

I really have no idea at all.

I just hope MOTU is not in a bad financial situation, anyone?

I hope they aren't, too, but as I said to BagHut, what I *think* is that they are raking in most of their dough off of cross-platform hardware, and so have probably been concentrating much more on that side of the building than on the DP side--where there are probably just a couple of nerds with Coca-Cola-bottle-bottom glasses and pocket protectors and a giant economy-sized bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos between them trying to port DP over to OS X.
laugh.gif

(That was just so BusError and the other programmers in this forum can come and start throwing rotten tomatoes at me. tongue.gif laugh.gif )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Levon River
post Tue 24 Dec 2002, 00:54
Post #12

Member No.: 6,734

QUOTE (ryosode @ Dec 23 2002, 21:54)
MOTU is delay the shipment...

http://www.macnn.com/news.php?id=17819

Thanks for this notice, ryosode...

...I guess. sad.gif

(Your message must have posted while I was writing my replies to Yuke and Baghun; I just now found it--by accident.)

Very, very pathethic to learn. Whatever market share MOTU loses as a result is entirely deserved. The part I loved the most is this:

"MOTU is working hard and in close collaboration with Apple to bring Digital Performer to Mac OS X..."

Oh, yeah, I just bet! I'm sure Apple is just bending over *backwards* to help what is now its competitor in the DAW marketplace. What an utterly insane situation.

We live in interesting times--more's the pity.

+Quote Post
post Tue 24 Dec 2002, 07:19
Post #13

Group:
Member No.: 0

I tried X on a duplicate of my G4/466 and noticed 1) the computer seemed much slower, 2) I had to type in a password way too often, 3) there were a bunch of mysterious new files that can't be touched, 4) if you move an application folder you may be screwing things up, 5) we did screw things up, 6) applications, or the system, really need a uninstaller and most don't have them, 7) X version apps like Explorer, Photoshop, Outlook Express, Dreamweaver and a few others don't offer much in the way of improvement, 8) the X driver for the MAudio card we tried crashed the computer HARD...worse damage than any OS9 crash I ever saw. Then, we could get the offending files "uninstalled"...couldn't throw them away. Just like windows95!

Why doesn't MOTU just write a version of DP for Unix and skip all the Apple crapple?

I used to be a Mac advocate but X has taken away most of what I liked about them.

+Quote Post
E rouge
post Tue 24 Dec 2002, 08:19
Post #14

Rookie

Member No.: 9,360

I seriously doubt the future of motu Dp in logic osx.... as you see, steinburg and emagic have been bought out..... that leaves only DP and pro tools. pro tools can surive, but i am not to sure about DP....

I say this because they need to ctahc up, and are a few stpes behind.... soon, OS X 10.3 will be out, and then, back to the drawing board.... I just dont think motu can surive in the softare market.....

motu hardware is great, on teh other hand

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 06:54
- © MacMusic 1997-2008