MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Mac User?, Newbie questions
Mac Daddy
post Sun 24 Feb 2008, 12:23
Post #11

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,633

Kaumbo...

Well I guess the 440 Mac Church Congregation has welcomed you to the AudioMIDI House Of Creation with open arms...

However, I think it was our own DEACONblue who really preached the Gospel. (Nice Sermon Deacon).

From the Choir that beautiful voice you heard was from qusp74... I had no idea he sang so well. His rendition of "Jam, Jam, Jam" heavenly.

Regarding the Nordlead 2, open your Bible to chapter, soundonsound.com

Just keep on making dat music and Jam, Jam, Jam.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Mon 25 Feb 2008, 14:13
Post #12

Member No.: 92,865

I think i'm blushing... rolleyes.gif Thankyou Father Mac...er MacDaddy

--------------------
Jeremy Glover graphic designer and compositor extraordinair but a relative novice at audio
Mac G5 1.8DP 4gig ram .. RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 .. Behringer ADA8000 adat interface
• KRK ROKIT 6 and RP10S•Micro korg Synth/vocoder with RODE NT2-A
Logic pro 7 NI kontakt, battery FM8, Altiverb Arturia Moog modular minimoog arp2600.

+Quote Post
Kaumbo
post Mon 25 Feb 2008, 18:53
Post #13

Member No.: 98,815

Good guide good guide ...

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Tue 26 Feb 2008, 13:28
Post #14

Advanced Member

qusp74... I actually laughed out loud. Too funny. Amen.

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Tue 26 Feb 2008, 14:17
Post #15

Mac Daddy,

yeah couldn't resist that one, just kind of fell into place. cool.gif

--------------------
Jeremy Glover graphic designer and compositor extraordinair but a relative novice at audio
Mac G5 1.8DP 4gig ram .. RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 .. Behringer ADA8000 adat interface
Logic pro 7 NI kontakt, battery FM8, Altiverb Arturia Moog modular minimoog arp2600.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Wed 27 Feb 2008, 05:48
Post #16

Advanced Member

qusp74, I'm still grinning. I really needed that. Thanks.

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Wed 27 Feb 2008, 07:42
Post #17

Mac Daddy,

Glad I could help biggrin.gif I know how it is; its been a hard day for me too. Started @ 6am, sad.gif : i'm not much of a morning person at the best of times and i've got a bad cold eeeerrrgh. Am I going to get told off for using this thread as a message service? is there a message service on here?, I havent searched the site very thoroughly. Just read the topics that interest me and help where I can.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaumbo
post Thu 28 Feb 2008, 18:30
Post #18

I think I'll buy a Mac and the Logic Studio 8, and after I get used with it I'll get a synth, monitors etc.
Something lelative to Logic?
I have bought Steinberg's Sequel but it is totally new, I'm searching for ways to sell it for 75 euros. Think of it, I've only opened the box. (Now I've decided to get Logic, it's useless, isn't it?

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Fri 29 Feb 2008, 11:57
Post #19

QUOTE (Kaumbo @ Fri 29 Feb 2008, 03:30) *
I think I'll buy a Mac and the Logic Studio 8, and after I get used with it I'll get a synth, monitors etc.
Something lelative to Logic?
I have bought Steinberg's Sequel but it is totally new, I'm searching for ways to sell it for 75 euros. Think of it, I've only opened the box. (Now I've decided to get Logic, it's useless, isn't it?

Hello,

What will you use until you get the monitors? Maybe some quality headphones, Senhieser are great. If you are buying the setup specifically to make music you really cant do without some sort of quality reference. I suppose if you've got a good home theatre or something that has an optical in you could get away with it for a while but it will be entirely inaccurate. better off buying a second hand G5 and your monitors /interface and use the softsynths supplied with logic; which are very good to supply the sounds. For making music the minijack and onboard sound card is inadequate IMHO i'm sorry to say sad.gif I'm sorry but I don't even know what Steinberg's Seque IS so I cant comment on its use.

I'm taking it that you have no experience whatsoever; just enthusiasm which is all well and good but you have to really do your research before making acquisitions because it sounds like you have underestimated exactly how much this endeavor was going to cost you, tell me if i'm wrong. also what do you mean by 'lelative', I can't even draw assumptions by the context itis used in?

Hey I Just checked out the sequel sit.... looks pretty cool (very entry level) but i'm sure its a good starting point with all of the loops that are provided. More of a DJ too from what I can see though and not at all sophisticated. You are better off using it till you out grow it especially if you already have it in mac version. get yourself some monitors and an interface though even if its a simple one with only a few ins and outs.

ok thats about all the advice i've got time for tonight; I have to get to bed i'm sure some of the others will be able to help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaumbo
post Fri 29 Feb 2008, 13:07
Post #20

Well thank you so mutch. It was supposed to be 'relative' but you know how the keybord acts...
Nevermind, thank you man. Frankly, I am very enthusiastic about making music and also to say I have lots of good (and really good) ideas.
About the Mac I'll buy, this event will take place not earlier than summer, so I assume I have a lot of time to make a research.
Steps:
--Buy a Mac (G5?) with good soundcard
--Buy an interface
--Buy monitors
-and then, either I'll buy Logic 8 or before that I'll use Sequel for a while. I have to say I was using Fruity Loops back in 2003 so the basic idea is acquired I suppose.
The rest will follow ofcourse, but I got a strong desire about analog hardware.
Moreover to say, I have Sony Soundforge 8.0 but not even tried it.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:08
- © MacMusic 1997-2008