MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audiosport Quattro USB
gundamrx288
post Sun 28 Oct 2001, 19:50
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,966

how cool! i hope it works because i haven't seen anything so far that matches the quattro's price range and functionality.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nt2099
post Wed 31 Oct 2001, 05:48
Post #12

Member No.: 2,198

I bought the M-Audio Audiosport Quattro USB. I haven't been able to get it to work on OS 9.2 or OS 10.1. I'm a bit upset that I haven't received an e-mail from Midiman regarding a controller I purchased before and an e-mail regarding the Quattro.

It appears others have had not heard back from Midiman...I'm not sure if I'm going to return it.

Hope to hear those who had success using the Quattro.

daa

+Quote Post
jonahb
post Tue 13 Nov 2001, 07:51
Post #13

Member No.: 2,327

I'd like to confirm that the M-audio Audiosport Quatro has serious problems. I have tried using it with Cubase and Deck 3 on a Powerbook G4, and have had no luck. The ASIO drivers are worthless, even the with the updates that came out just a week ago. M-audio does not respond to my e-mails.

Has anyone tried the Motu firewire recording device? At $700 it's not cheap, but it might be our only hope.

+Quote Post
nt2099
post Tue 13 Nov 2001, 08:07
Post #14

Member No.: 2,198

In a way...if you need something immediately, then go for the Quattro...err actually, I would go for the M-Audio Delta series (44 or 1010). USB is nice but I think with MOTU going with Firewire, don't be surprised to see hardware coming out taking advantage of Firewire as well.

Btw, update on my Quattro. I returned it. Got a M-Audio Delta and have enjoyed it ever since and it's something that M-Audio has drivers for the OS 10.1 which was pretty rad.

+Quote Post
mrutopia
post Sun 18 Nov 2001, 00:18
Post #15

Member No.: 2,373

In order to get good results out of the Quattro, you HAVE to upgrade your OS to 9.2!  I was having major problems with crashes and distorted output until I did the upgrade.  Now I can happily say the Quattro works great!

I haven't been able to work extensively with it (like recording audio); my main objective was to fiddle around with various demos while sending the output to my mixer.  I'm sure one of the music publications will be reviewing it in depth soon -- otherwise, I guess I'll just have to do it! smile.gif

Hope that helps!

+Quote Post
mrutopia
post Sun 18 Nov 2001, 00:19
Post #16

Member No.: 2,373

In order to get good results out of the Quattro, you HAVE to upgrade your OS to 9.2!  I was having major problems with crashes and distorted output until I did the upgrade.  Now I can happily say the Quattro works great!

I haven't been able to work extensively with it (like recording audio); my main objective was to fiddle around with various demos while sending the output to my mixer.  I'm sure one of the music publications will be reviewing it in depth soon -- otherwise, I guess I'll just have to do it! smile.gif

BTW, Midiman's tech support was really good in helping out.

Hope that helps!

+Quote Post
ms
post Sun 16 Dec 2001, 19:19
Post #17

Member No.: 2,700

any news about the Audiosport Quattro USB ? how are the ASIO drivers working now? does it really work under OS 9.2?

thanx for any news

+Quote Post
ms
post Sun 16 Dec 2001, 19:24
Post #18

Member No.: 2,700

any news about the Audiosport Quattro USB ? how are the ASIO drivers working now? does it really work under OS 9.2?

thanx for any news

+Quote Post
roque
post Mon 17 Dec 2001, 05:36
Post #19

Member No.: 2,064

I´m trying to use quattro since I bought it five monthes ago. I´ve tested it with my ibook 500, in almost every possible situation (all major softwares under asio and soundmanager with different driver settings, extensions sets, etc..). The new 1.1.1 driver seems to have resolved ASIO problems and I can say for the first time quattro can be used for working with audio(even in OS 9.1).
BUT MIDI AND AUDIO IN THE SAME BUS STILL BEING A MYTH, it not works yet. I can't use oms and quattro asio (midi input crashes). I moved last week to OS 9.2.1 and for me quattro is working the same way it worked before. Despite quattro is not working as it supposed to do yet, I've seen its drivers being every month more usable, and I believe it may be ok soon (I hope). I'm planning to get a motu 828 (really good drivers!), but I'll not throw away my Quattro cause I can't find a more portable audio/midi solution then it.

+Quote Post
gundamrx288
post Mon 17 Dec 2001, 06:10
Post #20

Member No.: 1,966

well this certainly sounds like good news. hopefully soon it'll be perfect. smile.gif

oh by the way, doe quattro doesn't have SPDIF, right? anything out there like the quattro with that sort of interface? need to record from mini disk someday.

thanks for the help.

charles

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 13 May 2024, 22:22
- © MacMusic 1997-2008