MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Inconsistant Audio Signal Input, Sometimes I get an audio signal, sometimes I dont
harmfultohumans
post Fri 17 Nov 2006, 22:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 85,389

Hiya,

I scanned the forums a little so I hope Im not posting about something that has already been beaten to death on here.

Anyway...
Im running Mac OS X 10.4.8 Dual 1ghz G4 with 1.5 gb ram. The audio software Im running is Digital Performer 4.61 and my audio input is a Presonus Firepod.

As the story goes, my band is doing a rough recording. Hauled the mac and everything to our practice spot to record the drums. Everything went great, not a single hitch. Directly afterwards, we take the whole rig back to my place, set the Mac and Firepod back up hoping to get some guitars and vocals done. Only problem now is that, with everything hooked up just as before, this time I get absolutely no audio input to my Mac.

I check the connections. Computer recognizes the Firepod as does the Firepod's light turns blue (signaling a solid sync) Double check all the hardware settings within Digital Performer, everything looked good. I get sound out of the Firepod via headphones.

Just out of curiosity, I hook up an old M-Audio USB Fast-Track and I get a clear audio signal. Manual suggests re-syncing the Firepod by changing the sample rate format via the Audio/Midi Setup utility. Still nothing.

It appears as though it works sometimes, and without making any changes to anything, doesnt work other times. Is there in fact something that I could or should be doing to fix this? Has anyone experienced anything of this sort?

Again Im sorry if this has already been discussed here, but any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much
/alan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 18 Nov 2006, 01:59
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

hey! Well, no need to apologise, it's a brand new oddity! smile.gif

The only not driver/interface related issue that can do this is I've marked that sometimes, when you move around a mac (and don't ask me why) it has some quirks on start up…

- check back all internal connections
- including the RAM
- do a motherboard reset/PMU whatever comes next. so that all ports are rechecked.
- reset PRAM/NVRAM

See if it saves your day, if not, the issue is not "common" if it's Apple hardware related or it's a driver/interface problem.

Does the firepod has a reset procedure for itself? If so, do it.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
harmfultohumans
post Sun 19 Nov 2006, 03:00
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 85,389

Hiya,

Thanks very much for the reply. I've reset my PRAM a couple times, unfortunately that hasn't solved the problem. I have'nt had a chance to test the battery and reset the PMU yet.

We've actually managed a work around solution now since we are no longer in dire need of multiple inputs at the moment. I'll keep you posted if I find a solution that works.

Again, thanks very much for the help smile.gif

Take care
/alan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 09:03
- © MacMusic 1997-2008