MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Analog Compressor Reccomendation, what to buy
LUCKY LUKE
post Wed 29 Sep 2004, 14:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,827

Hello

I´m working on PB G4 with Logic platinum 6. I produce electronic music and I make mastering with Yamaha Final Master. Everything would be OK if the sound would be what I ever wanted to be. I´ve heared that analog compressors are much better than softweare crap (VST,AU).
Which analog compressor should I buy. I´m thinking of getting something old on e-bay.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bobdemaa
post Wed 29 Sep 2004, 19:22
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,267

This question would be much easier to answer if you had a Price range you were willing to spend.

I do digital and analog mastering and choosing one or another is akin to picking a color of paint.

Also, Not all digital compressors sound alike. There are some very good ones. The Waves L2, L3 and Multiband Limiter are excellent digital domain compressors if you are going for high quality and precision. Compressors like these in the real world don't really exist, although a Hardware L2 sounds excellent and has great converters in it. One other great digital compressor I use is the Limiter Plug-In in Logic. Similar to the L1, L2 family, but a little more musical to my ears.

As far as analog compression. Well, I could make recomendations all day, but most of what I consider serious "mastering" compressors start around $2k and go up from there.

Also mastering should be considered the final touch of a good mix. It's where the the mix is made more optimum for the widest listening experience on various systems and intentions. Your Mix should sound the way you want it to before you even consider the mastering of it. If it doesn't then you need to start there and find out why.

Hope this helps.

This post has been edited by bobdemaa: Wed 29 Sep 2004, 19:26
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 00:28
- © 440 Forums 2011