MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M4a File Conversion To .wav, Need to convert .m4a file to .wav (or .aif)
qusp74
post Thu 7 Feb 2008, 14:37
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 92,865

QUOTE (tomc11 @ Tue 29 Jan 2008, 15:05) *
Like most on this site I've got quite a collection of songs in iTunes. The other day I was trying to convert a standard .M4a file from iTunes to either a .wav or .aiff (apple loop) so that I can pull some audio samples.
I thought I could do it with my Quicktime Pro but can't find any options in the Save As. Also, tried iTunes itself with no luck. Even tried Apple Loop Utility but it won't load the M4a file.
I use Logic Express 8 and Garageband and I would think that some how I should be able to do this.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

dude........ SAVE AS wont work from anything its not like saving a .tiff from a .jpeg or anything like that. (even then its usually an export option) Whatever program you are using to do it whether it be itunes, logic, protools, even video edit programs like Final cut pro, and of course the myriad of smaller, purpose built file conversion apps that have been mentioned here; pretty much all of them access the quicktime libraries and codecs in order to do it; and generally whichever program you are using, including quicktime pro, EXPORT is your option Except in itunes which only alows you to burn to a disc; which, unless you have the mp3 cd option checked instead of the standard AUDIO CD will convert it to (.aiff,.wav) Itunes will also allow you to 'IMPORT' blink.gif files (File/import) and in that process convert your file to whichever you like. (provided you have set the preferences (File/preferences/advanced in that pane you set the import using dropdown to WAV, AIFF MP3 or whatever) You can then find the resulting file in your designated itunes library folder.

SOOOOOOO.. tomc11 .I'm sure you have found your solution well before my rantings on rolleyes.gif I just like to hear the sound of my own voice, so to speak. laugh.gif

I apologize to those that subscribe to this thread only to hear me babble on and on; Its just that I get so much out of the info and good humour on this site and although i've been using Macintosh as a visual artist since I fell in love with the very first 128K beige beast, I can't claim to be a full blown audio professional like a good number of you guys (Maybe some day soon) I just love music, and have what some might call an obsessive personality. blink.gif at least thats what my therapist tells me tongue.gif

peace out

This post has been edited by qusp74: Thu 7 Feb 2008, 14:38

--------------------
Jeremy Glover graphic designer and compositor extraordinair but a relative novice at audio
Mac G5 1.8DP 4gig ram .. RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 .. Behringer ADA8000 adat interface
• KRK ROKIT 6 and RP10S•Micro korg Synth/vocoder with RODE NT2-A
Logic pro 7 NI kontakt, battery FM8, Altiverb Arturia Moog modular minimoog arp2600.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 00:16
- © MacMusic 1997-2008