MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phase Problem Detection
evolution
post Thu 27 Mar 2008, 11:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,028

Hi

How do I detect phase problems in DP? or with a plugin? I am recording guitar with 2 mics (1 cond and 1 dyn) very close together about 40cms from neck and body join. I have clicked the phase reversal plug in one of the tracks on DP and sometimes the sound changes - my question is ... its great to have an easy fix but how do I know there is a phase problem in the first place? is there a meter/method that is in DP i can use? I examined the waves of the latest recording i did and on one track when the wave is up the wave on the second track is down - and when I pan them both to 12 oclock a lot of the bass and mid disappears - when i pan them apart the bass and mid reappears. So any ideas on easy phase problem detection?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Fri 28 Mar 2008, 06:05
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

The oldest trick in the book is to listen to your stereo mix in mono. Maybe with both tracks solo'ed you can click on your Master Buss and have it play back in mono. I can't tell you how to do it with DP but I know that Ableton Live has the ability. If you listen to playback in mono and you hear a significant decrease in signal then you know you have phase issues.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 20:34
- © 440 Forums 2011