MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fw-1884 Midi Issues, Problems with sticking notes.
Remixlab
post Wed 21 Dec 2005, 02:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,206

I've got an issue that is driving me crazy. I just recently purchased a Tascam FW-1884 to control Logic Pro 7 on my G5. Audio-wise everything is cool. Midi-wise though, well, that's another story. I only have one keyboard (Access Virus KB) connected to the FW-1884, using port 1 (in) and port 1 (out), but when I play along with the sequencer I get notes that stick, are delayed and sometimes notes are simply ignored. I've tried using older drivers, updating the firmware in the FW-1884 and have even tried different configurations of the midi ports to and from the Virus KB and I get the same f*&king problem.

If there is someone out there that has experienced the same thing or something similar, I would greatly appreciate any advice that you might impart on me. I'm not making much music and that's not how it's done!

Thank you,

Maxi sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
brendan
post Wed 21 Dec 2005, 20:09
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 63,677

Do you have a friend or colleague who can lend you something cheap like a MOTU fastlane USB midi interface? You can use another midi interface in tandem with the Tascam, and that will probably alleivate the problem (though I don't have an explanation for why the Tascam isn't working well in the first place...)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 5 May 2024, 06:12
- © 440 Forums 2011