MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tascam Us-122 On Os 10.4.10, How can I use this usb device on this new computer
thamoon
post Thu 2 Aug 2007, 14:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,867

I just got a new powerbook OS 10.4.10 and my Tascam US-122 is not being recognized at all through the usb ports. Old story, I used to use it with the old Powerbook G4 no problem.

I wonder if it has something to do with them being usb2 and the unit being usb1? I also havn't been able to find a driver for this model?

Could you offer me any help? Big thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deaconblue
post Fri 3 Aug 2007, 06:46
Post #2

Member No.: 11,156

thamoon,

USB2 ports are normally backwards compatible. Most likely you'll need the drivers. You can find the drivers on Tascam's US-122 resource web page off their legacy products link.

Hope that helps.

peace

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post
Rhsilverberg
post Sat 4 Aug 2007, 02:56
Post #3

Member No.: 90,149

QUOTE (thamoon @ Thu 2 Aug 2007, 09:07) *
I just got a new powerbook OS 10.4.10 and my Tascam US-122 is not being recognized at all through the usb ports. Old story, I used to use it with the old Powerbook G4 no problem.

I wonder if it has something to do with them being usb2 and the unit being usb1? I also havn't been able to find a driver for this model?

Could you offer me any help? Big thanks

Was curious about your question myself as I recently did the upgrade to 10.4.10. I've experience no troubles on my G5 iMac with the US-122. But I do note that there is a Universal Binary driver posted (version 3.4.0) which also happens to be the driver that I updated to a little bit ago. That's a good starting point, IMO.

Roger

+Quote Post
thamoon
post Mon 6 Aug 2007, 13:37
Post #4

Member No.: 41,867

Thanks for the replies, I'll check into the drives again. They just weren't uploading from the internet - and the Tascam site no longer had the drivers for this model. They have drivers for the new US-122L which is not compatible. will give it another go.

QUOTE (deaconblue @ Fri 3 Aug 2007, 05:46) *
thamoon,

USB2 ports are normally backwards compatible. Most likely you'll need the drivers. You can find the drivers on Tascam's US-122 resource web page off their legacy products link.

Hope that helps.

peace

This web link doesn't seem to be active anymore - could you give it a try? thamoon

+Quote Post
deaconblue
post Tue 7 Aug 2007, 07:14
Post #5

Member No.: 11,156

QUOTE (thamoon @ Mon 6 Aug 2007, 07:37) *
Thanks for the replies, I'll check into the drives again. They just weren't uploading from the internet - and the Tascam site no longer had the drivers for this model. They have drivers for the new US-122L which is not compatible. will give it another go.

QUOTE (deaconblue @ Fri 3 Aug 2007, 05:46) *

thamoon,

Hope that helps.

peace

This web link doesn't seem to be active anymore - could you give it a try? thamoon

thamoon,

I just used the link within the quote and it took me to the US-122 page. Just in case, here they are again.

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post
Flando
post Tue 15 Jan 2008, 05:31
Post #6

Member No.: 97,883

I upgraded to a MacBook Pro & had the same problem & called Tascam, & they gave me the web page to get the latest upgrade drivers for the intel computer. It works flawlessly. It should work for OS 10.4.10 (as mine is 10.4.11)

Here's the way to get to it on the Tascam.com web page:

Go to tascam.com
Go to Products in the menu bar on top of the page & go to Legacy
Go to Computer Products & click on Interfaces/Controllers
Go to the US 122 picture, click on it & go to the download that fits your computer.

Hope this helps! Happy recordings!
Flando

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 16 Apr 2024, 18:28
- © 440 Forums 2011