MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adobe Air, Twhirl, Impossible install (solved)
lepetitmartien
post Fri 11 Jun 2010, 16:39
Post #1

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Just had a dead Toshiba 2,5 hard drive dead, so had to install anew on a new disk. And I've had the strange idea to install all apps anew too.

The trouble is, I need Adobe AIR to install Twhirl. And for some reason, AIR did not. The Console said "kern failure", the install was uncomplete at best. No troubleshooting advice available on Adobe support worked. When I used a different user account and AIR did install, and Twhirl too. So there was something fishy with my account, as save apps, it was cloned from a working system with AIR and Twhirl, it was either AIR in bad mood, or something else doing fishy stuff and preventing me to install.

First, I tried to uninstall what AIR had done, as I did not have the uninstaller in Applications/utilities, I had to do it by hand. Save what's in utilities, AIR is hidden in ~/libraries/framework and in Users/username/libraries/application support.

Then I decided to check all I had installed, and the winner is Flip4mac. Once removed, everything worked fine.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 07:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008