MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mac Music Downloading?
Mac Daddy
post Sat 19 Jan 2008, 07:03
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,633

pushtobreak a Grammy Nomination... You da man fo sho!

Please forgive my rantings, I don't know what I am saying more than half the time, just talkin loud and saying nothing. Regarding Laws, I know too well that the laws do very little to protect the innocent and decent. Regarding my: Taking iPods, that was 50/50. What the heck am I going to do with all those iPods anyway? Smile.

The wheels of justice turn very slow, I'm somewhat vigilante with criminals. I have interfered with many crimals acts over the years, especially growing up in New York and living in the States during the turbulent sixties and being black. It's amazing I am still alive, not even counting drugs. rolleyes.gif

If a rapist touched one of my children, I'll cut it off and leave them to bleed to death and wait for the police to arrive. Because the Laws will protect the Rapist. It's almost as crazy as George Bush talking about peace selling 20 BILLION dollars worth of Arms to the Saudis. Bin Ladins "Home"...

I just cannot live with myself knowing I can do something and don't. I have served time in Sing-Sing for Arson during the Riots of 1968. Out of a 100,000 prisoners, I was the only one incarcerated for a Revolutionary Act. Something I am very proud of and I'd do it again. What did I burn down? An Electronic Company that made parts for guided missles. Served 16 months. It's where I learned to play the guitar. Swear on my children this is the truth.

Laws are not made to protect the innocent. Law can be bought. Enron? OJ? Mugabe? You may have gotten a Grammy Nomination but you ain't walked in my shoes and have seen through my eyes.

440 Members I sincerely apologize for these stupid posts. I really am sorry, but, my gear is all working perfectly and I have too much free time on my hands that I should be devoting to mixin n fixin.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Sat 19 Jan 2008, 07:48
Post #22

Advanced Member

pushtobreak, one mo thang... In 1979 there was no longer a movement. The only movement was on the Disco floor. Many died to make that happen. The US is one of the most backward racist countries on Earth. I left that dump 30 years ago and have seen and learned the truth. America sucks. Everyone on Earth knows it except America. How stupid can it be to have George Bush in charge? Eight years! Don't come in my face with LAW as your argument. Tell it to New Orleans.

Regarding Guns, Cousins, Brothers, etc. So what. Some people, me for one, would rather die fighting than crawl living.

Law!!! What about the Lawful Bombing of women and children? Really, if you desire a lesson from a REAL Revolutionary contact me via Personal Message and I will glady explain some facts. Yes, Brooklyn. I remember Brooklyn from the 1950's. I will change my air travel plans if the airline even flies over Brooklyn. It used to be a great place. Now... Pleeeeeeeeeeeze!

Regarding Grammy Nominations... I have heard very few good songs Nominated in the last 10 years.

Grammy's don't really mean a thing to me, I was being supportive regarding your Nomination. 80% of the music today sucks, maybe 90%. It's not about who has the best LYRICS, it's who has the best GIMMICKS. It's not about the best ARPEGGIO it's about the best VIDEO.

I will stop, because this is going to get very ugly and all the cousins, big brothers and guns can't protect or hides the truth.

+Quote Post
pushtobreak
post Sun 20 Jan 2008, 09:00
Post #23

Member No.: 79,125

Mac Daddy,
Don't blame me.
...I hate what America has become and I have never been impressed by, or even watched the Grammy's. We got our Grammy nod for having a band, that against all lack of commercial viability, managed to stay together for 15 years. I was just trying to illustrate that I was not some arm chair musician.

-I meant laws are "supposed" to work. I was talking much more broadly about human civilization not specifically about the US. Certainly wherever you are now they have laws and while they may not all work, they are necessary .

-violence begets violence. Bombs are bombs, through law or otherwise. I abhor violence, mine or anyone else's (but I have to tip my hat to you for the guided missle arson). cool.gif

Additionally:
-I'd say at least half of America knows it sucks.
-There are actually quite a few countries that are more backwards and racist than the US.
-Yes, music is mostly crap now.
-Don't dump on Brooklyn. NYC is still great even if it sucks!*
-George Bush is an idiot

Just for the record 1979 Punk Rock, that's what I was doing in NYC. The single I made at 15 can be bought on ebay for $200+. The people who buy that obviously aren't interested in an MP3. I still get $0 from it's sale. sad.gif I played drums with 2Pac, voted #2 Live Rap Performance on MTV and recorded with Curtis Mayfield (Now I'm just tooting my horn but if I don't who will)....
(BTW Happy MLK Jr Day!)

Right now I'm watching a Soul Train rerun from the 70's on Channel 11...Minnie Riperton is lipsyncing "Loving You" biggrin.gif

*Don't feel you have to read this but, reading what you wrote made me think of this. The Brooklyn I grew up in was mostly beat to shit. Packs of feral dogs, abandoned burnt out cars, broken glass, poverty, gangs, drugs. Yet, somehow, I'm still nostalgic for the good old days although, by all accounts it's much better now. It used to have so much more character. At around 7 years old me and a few friends were confronted by an enraged neighborhood gang seeking retribution on some local teens. The leader was carrying a sawed off shotgun and beat one of the guys I was with over the head with it repeatedly asking "Are you a mother f***er!..." That along with other similar incidents didn't fill me with a lot of hope for fighting back. I'm still somehow nostalgic. I always wished I lived in the 60's but I got the 70's.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Mon 21 Jan 2008, 09:39
Post #24

Advanced Member

pushtobreak

Not only did I read your letter, I have copied it and am pasting it in textedit. Man, you touched me deep. We must turn this magic into music and maybe even money. I got the time and tools. I can write music, lyrics or sing. So, lets create pushtobreak, instead of composing Posts, lets compose music? Minnie Ripperton. The one and only. Sigh.

Sorry about my anger about America's stupidity, it's just that it's kind of, ummm, screw up the Planet. Worst, I used to be able to walk into any place in Europe and as an American I was automatically "In". Now, people are less open. Bush has interfered with "Da Bush"... No it's not the fact that I sit around in a bathrobe for days mixing and fixing. On the days I venture from my domain I actually wash. Leaving the Studio is a big event for me. I'm goin outside, I'm goin outside. People I only see in passing get to see and smell not fresh. My poor wife sees the bathrobe smelly guy who is send this message.

I was born and raised in New York. You are my "Home Boy" in the true sense of the word. I am going to get intouch with you right now. I have been in touch with another 440 and it has been one of the best things that has happened this new year, now this possibility. I'm infused with inspiration...

pushtobreak, thank you for saying and being, I am going to send you a message now: Ain't No Stopping Us Now

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Mon 21 Jan 2008, 10:24
Post #25

Advanced Member

pushtobreak,

you are 100% or as the kids say: "I'm scared of you"...

Punk Rock 1979. Then you'd know some old buddies of mine The New York Dolls? Just the mention of their name makes my ears ring. Damn were they loud. No, really, really, truthfully, awfully loud. I have never heard a louder band in my life.

I was friend with some people in the village who rented Sunn Equipment and they also had a Reheasal Studio. I was the Opening Act for the Dolls only once, they were not as good as my polished funk and soul band, but they blew us into the far regions of audio. Guitar Hum, Hiss? You cannot imagine. We were playing this small place and it was packed with more gear than A Deep Purple Concert at Madison Square Garden. They actually played well, but you couldn't hear anyting but Power. I could feel my afro and bell bottom pants moving as if I was in a hurricane.

+Quote Post
hahaworld
post Mon 21 Jan 2008, 22:21
Post #26

Member No.: 41,728

You know what sucks? Reading anti-American sermons on a music discussion website.

+Quote Post
jimdubpram
post Tue 22 Jan 2008, 00:55
Post #27

Member No.: 55,837

QUOTE (hahaworld @ Mon 21 Jan 2008, 22:21) *
You know what sucks? Reading anti-American sermons on a music discussion website.

Well I know it's supposed to be all techy an' that on this forum, but I am quite enjoying the diversion into the personal. I'ts all very intriguing, grammy nominated punk band together for 15 years, can you give us a few more clues?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Tue 22 Jan 2008, 07:58
Post #28

Advanced Member

hahaworld I apologize for such activities. Won't do it again. Promise.

How is your new Computer doing? Have not seen you say much after you traded your Quad. Hope all is well and you are creating music and not dealing with tech issues.

My system is Solid. Not a problem. Hence I had time to write heaps of stupid stuff voicing about illegal downloads and how Bush screwed up the Planet and won two terms, eight years... It's crazy. Sorry.

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Tue 22 Jan 2008, 08:26
Post #29

Advanced Member

jimdubpramgaragebandman

I have been in touch with the brother and he is awesome... When he mentioned Punk I had to give him my experience working with The New York Dolls... My hurt at the mention of their name. In my entire life I have never heard a band as loud as the New York Dolls... They could actually play very well, but all your heard and felt was POWER. Guitar Hum and Hiss like yiu never heard.

+Quote Post
pushtobreak
post Tue 22 Jan 2008, 18:01
Post #30

Member No.: 79,125

OK...this has gone way off topic...though it has been fun.
A few final words on this post.
I'm just a cpu-jockey like everyone else here. I' m proud of what I've accomplished and when I think about it I almost don't believe it myself. The truth is in the end 99% of the time people don't know me from Adam.

Mac Daddy, I just saw The Dolls recently. They still rock hard and brought me right back. They still have an animal energy to their show. I had that same feeling like I didn't know what could happen next. That feeling of being on the edge.

My wife also only ever sees the unwashed side of me. (She's a saint). I now am working with my newest buddy who is 4 months old. He is my muse and my foil. Anyway, my plate is full yet I still always feel less than the Jones'. I'm trying to plow through an endless "to do" list that just keeps getting longer so, when my wife asks why I'm making posts on discussion forums I know what she's getting at. Hopefully, I'll be in Hamburg or at least some part of Germany with the band sometime again...I'll try to look you up when I am.

I have been drawn in a few times by the illegal download discussion. It is complicated but, I'm motivated by the fact that I am a professional who is just scraping by while watching entire industries being created with the use of uncompensated content. As I've looked at it more I've tried to break it down, in my mind, to the most basic components. Ownership/property, commerce, law. Those are pretty much the players as I see it. We need more intelligent discussion of this topic with more voices on the professional composers side. The web is filled with lopsided lame arguments/discussions for why "music should be free".
Many artists, myself included, are worried about being ostracized by the public like Lars Ulrich was for being anti-piracy. I've heard of "give the people what they want" but this is more like: "give the people what they want or else!..." The argument usually ends with what can roughly be translated to "well you can't stop me from downloading files for free" Which only illustrates the intent and acknowledgment of stealing.

hahaworld,
I am not anti-American just because I say America sucks...It might be hard to understand but, this is my country, this what I am from. Everything about me (and the half of the country that thinks we have been going in the wrong direction) is American. We are entitled to think things could be better and to criticize and not be called unpatriotic or anti-American. In fact that's what America is founded on "Freedom of speech" So, you are free to say what you will but, you are wrong to call it "anti-American".
You are right that it doesn't belong on this forum so, I apologize for that.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 18:54
- © MacMusic 1997-2008