MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ad16x Da16x Hd And Symphony?, Complicated set-ups
Jim Hoyland
post Sun 4 Mar 2007, 13:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 81,499

I'm in the process of setting up a new ProTools rig which needs to be able to run alongside Logic. One of our existing studios uses an HD2 system with two 192s, but its never been very satisfactory for our Logic users as all our other studios use Digidesign CoreAudio and transfering into this studio involves switching every track to HTDM or DAE and a loss of all Plug-ins etc.

Our new rig will have HD2 cards connecting to Apogee AD16X and DA16X units fitted with the HD option. However, I spoke to an Apogee dude at the Sounds Expo yesterday who mentioned that it should be possible to fit the AD16X with HD and the DA16X with a Symphony interface. This should in theory allow us to have 16 channels for ProTools when its launched and 16 channels of Symphony CoreAudio for Logic when its needed.

I presume this is something to do with the Apogee advanced routing set-up, using the Digital IO to perform the DA for PT and the AD for Logic, but I must admit I'm a little foxed by the whole concept.

Has anyone else tried a similar set-up? Is it reasonably easy to use on a day-to-day basis? Most users of this studio will students who are not the most technically minded souls so ease of operation is key here.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Sun 22 Apr 2007, 11:51
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 81,499

Just in case someone looks at this thread and is tempted to try this, don't. After talking to the Apogee tech guys their best advice was to buy two macs. sad.gif

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:39
- © MacMusic 1997-2008