MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Toslink Noise With 828
macdrummer
post Wed 11 Jul 2007, 18:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,512

This is likely not a problem specific to the 828, but since that is what I am using, I hope to get it addressed here. I use a 2 meter toslink to connect an Alesis LX20 ADAT output to the input of my 828. Recently, I started hearing static like noises that I tracked down to that connection. At first, the extra length of the cable was coiled and uncoiling it made a significant difference in the amount of noise. However, there are still occasional (every second or two) clicks of noise. Can anyone explain the likely cause of this?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve Regester
post Thu 12 Jul 2007, 09:05
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 81,309

Hi Macdrummer
the Tos link is fibre optic if your coils are too tight the light can't skid round the corners well enough and signal gets absorbed, this can cause corruption of the data and hence noise. Other sources of noise can be dirty/dusty terminations and fractures in the lightpipe itself.If you borrow a replacement it may be worthwhile swapping out the cable and checking for an improvement. If you are coiling up cables consider a shorter cable, I'm not being funny, that will also give you a stronger signal since all cables have attenuation and this is multiplied by length.
regards
steve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 23:52
- © MacMusic 1997-2008