MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Interference With External Monitor-powerbook, whine on tannoy reveals
brettybwoy
post Mon 22 May 2006, 16:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,993

Hello Macmusic folks. I have a very annoying problem. I am using a g4 powerbook 12" (1.25ghz) with an edirol fa 101 firewire interface and tannoy reveal active monitors. When I plug a external vga monitor into the powerbook, I get a high pitched interference on the tannoys. this also happens if i plug in my printer to usb. i have bought a couple of ferrite core rings from Maplin and tried placing them on monitor and firewire cables, to no avail. Anybody know how to cure this? Mac shop said it may be logic board...
PHEW! THANKS. BRETTY
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
lepetitmartien
post Wed 24 May 2006, 02:06
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Do you have an halogen lamp around, a fluorescent lamp?

Is the ground in you house well grounded?

Could you give us a guess of the frequency of the interference?

Are the interface, the reveals, the printer all plugged into the same main?

On the mac side… Have you tried to install the CHUD tools from the developer software from Apple? (and disable nap in the processor prefpanel you have then installed) see on the OS X install CD/DVD.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Richard Veenstra
post Sun 4 Jun 2006, 19:48
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 80,313

QUOTE (brettybwoy @ Mon 22 May 2006, 17:00) *
Hello Macmusic folks. I have a very annoying problem. I am using a g4 powerbook 12" (1.25ghz) with an edirol fa 101 firewire interface and tannoy reveal active monitors. When I plug a external vga monitor into the powerbook, I get a high pitched interference on the tannoys. this also happens if i plug in my printer to usb. i have bought a couple of ferrite core rings from Maplin and tried placing them on monitor and firewire cables, to no avail. Anybody know how to cure this? Mac shop said it may be logic board...
PHEW! THANKS. BRETTY

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem if I connect my PB G4 to my LCD display using the supplied DVIcable.
I used different USB/FW devices, with the USB device I only notice a hum, with the FW devices also some electromagnetic interference (when you move the mouse, you hear it on the speakers). At the moment, you are the only one I have read which has the same problem. Have you fixed it yet?

I had the same problem using a VGA monitor with the Apple DVI to VGA Adapter. Funny enough, Apple's own Cinema Display is working fine...

I am also using the Tannoy (passive) monitors, but that should be a coincidence...

About the logic board, I have a new logic board installed two months ago and still the same problem, so probably that won't be it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 12:38
- © 440 Forums 2011