MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Itunes Dj Program Development
kidpanda
post Sat 17 Mar 2007, 03:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 89,446

Dear Developers,

My apologies if I'm using this list incorrectly, but I've been bouncing around an idea for an iTunes plugin and -- lacking the ability to actually write it -- and hoped I could find people interested in developing it.

The idea originates in the limited capabilities of iTunes to act as a DJ. One can make playlists or play within genres, but these are static. The shuffle feature is good to a point, but random isn't always desired. Nothing exists for someone who wants a hands-off program that selects tunes with continuity.

I imagine a program that lets users assign numerical values -- 0 to 9, say -- to songs according to a set of categories. These could be user-defined; I think of them as earth, wind, fire, water and silicon. (At the moment, for example, I'm listening to "Pagina Seis" from Prefuse 73 Reads The Books; I'd give it an earth of 7, wind of 3, fire of 4, water of 2, and silicon of 5. The combined score is 21).

The program would then match each following song according to the categories. The next song would have a similar combined score, but perhaps a little more fire and less silicon. Et cetera.

The user could specify starting and end points, and points in between: for example, a set could go from high-air to high-fire to high-water music, with the combined score starting low and gradually ending high, or varying only slightly from song to song. In short, it'd be an automated DJ.

If this sounds interesting, send me an email. I'm not a programmer, but would be happy to connect people interested in working on it, and provide any feedback I could during development.

Sincerely,

Brandon Keim

[EDIT LPM please never write your email in clear in posts, people can send you emails thru the secure link ou you member's card, which link is under each post you make smile.gif]

p.s. The iTunes DJ idea described above is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * . .

This post has been edited by lepetitmartien: Sat 17 Mar 2007, 05:05
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yeseter
post Sat 17 Mar 2007, 03:57
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,974

Interesting idea man.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 20:48
- © MacMusic 1997-2008