MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cant Hear Audio From M-audio O2 Midi Controller, troubleshoot
khont
post Sun 22 Oct 2006, 19:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84,482

I have the universal version of logic express on an imac intel core duo. All works fine, even my Maudio FW solo interface.

However, my O2 midi controller doesnt seem to be. I can see the notes being recorded in a certaoin region when i hit the keys, but no output.

Anyone experienced this?
thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jellobelt
post Mon 11 Dec 2006, 02:38
Post #2

Member No.: 86,166

QUOTE (khont @ Sun 22 Oct 2006, 19:50) *
I have the universal version of logic express on an imac intel core duo. All works fine, even my Maudio FW solo interface.

However, my O2 midi controller doesnt seem to be. I can see the notes being recorded in a certaoin region when i hit the keys, but no output.

Anyone experienced this?
thanks

Have you had any luck? I'm experiencing the same problem.

+Quote Post
khont
post Tue 12 Dec 2006, 03:00
Post #3

Member No.: 84,482

My friend,

I am so sorry, I do not recall how it is that I managed to make it work. It wasn't anything too complicated though, make sure you select an Audio Instrument track, turn on the O2, arm the track for recording, make sure it is not muted, select an appropiate software instrument in the I/O input field.....

One thing I do remember is for some reason the early regions I recorded were autoimatically muted for some reason (regions with a small dot next to the name). Therefore to hear them, you had to unmute them using the Mute button from the editing tools and clicking on it...!

Sorry if I wasnt of much help!.. turn all knobs, fiddle around.. out set up isnt complicated..

K

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Tue 12 Dec 2006, 21:36
Post #4

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

The tracks with the instrument icons are for triggering an external midi device, make sue you choose an audio instrument track.

There are three types of tracks in Logic, Audio, audio intrument, and Midi.

The online help is the most current version of the manual.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
Kwasi
post Tue 12 Dec 2006, 22:59
Post #5

Rookie

Member No.: 39,259

If MIDI is being received, the MIDI controller is working fine. Looks like your MIDI data is not addressing anything. Click and hold on the track header's instrument icon and you will see what the track is outputting to. Gdoubleyou is right, it's easiest to send the MIDI to an audio instrument track. Plug in a synth or something and check. You can also check the MIDI indicator on the far right of the transport window to see whether MIDI is being outputted.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 04:46
- © MacMusic 1997-2008