MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tascam Us-122 And Super Drive Conflict?, studio hardware
post Sun 2 Apr 2006, 14:01
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

ok
here's the deal. i'm running a G4 Quicksilver, 1g ram, OS10.2.8, a us-122 interface, and Audacity software.

The problem - since i hooked up the interface i have been unable to use my cd/dvd for anything. It was working before i hooked it up. I know the obvious fix here is to unplug the interface and se if everything's ok. but i just don't think its' supposed to work that way. I'm trying to track the problem down so that i can burn without haveing to crawl around and unhook stuff.

Any ideas????? I haven't seen anyone else with quite this issue so I thought a post might be good .

thnx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lancet
post Sun 2 Apr 2006, 16:17
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,480

QUOTE (StratMan @ Apr 2 2006, 08:01)
ok
here's the deal.  i'm running a G4 Quicksilver, 1g ram, OS10.2.8, a us-122 interface, and Audacity software.

The problem - since i hooked up the interface i have been unable to use my cd/dvd for anything.

thnx

If I understand correctly , after you plugged in a USB midi/audio interface, your internal CD/DVD player no longer works?

If that's the case, it may be just a coincidence. There's no obvious reason why a USB device would impair the function of an ATA device.

Your either have ..
A: a failed optical drive,
B: an as yet unknown software glitch or
C: the ATA cable inside came undone with something else you did recently.

Try to boot from an OS CD. that will give you an answer to all 3.

if you can't boot from a CD. it's either A or C.

If you CAN boot from a CD , it's likely B. While you're running from the CD you can repair permissions and verify /repair the catalog with Disk Utility.

anyway, that would be my first troubleshooting step. good luck

This post has been edited by lancet: Sun 2 Apr 2006, 16:34

--------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 3 Apr 2006, 02:51
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

As lancet…

And I'd try a motherboard/port reset (but as it's "dirtier" we'll do that after the basics of lance)

- unplug everything outside the mac save the mains
- open the mac
- touch the power unit
- unplug mains
- locate the lithium battery
- then the tiny small reset button near it
- press it 20 sec.
- verify RAM, cards, any internal connection is safe and sound (don't break anything, in doubt, unplug/replug, NEVER force things)(don't do this if you're not sure of what you do or a natural non geek material)
- plug back everything
- voilà ! cool.gif

And how/where is plugged your interface?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
post Mon 3 Apr 2006, 08:25
Post #4

Group:
Member No.: 0

Wow - thnx for the responces. I truly suspect that it could be the drive it'self. With the unit plugged in, I can't get anything to read from the cd unit. it just ejects whatever cd i put in . I tried the OS disk, restarting holding odwn the "C" key and it never really did boot. I had to let it up after like 5 minutes of trying and then it prompted me about something related to teh OS disk. I will give that a try again tho. I'll keep you posted as to the results. Thnx again for the replies

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Mon 3 Apr 2006, 12:10
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,633

Voilà ! You are too funny... Too smart... Your brain is like the image you use... Ball of Energy and Light... The CyberSpace Sun...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 17:04
- © 440 Forums 2011