MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New In Mac Music World
taloujazz
post Sat 25 Apr 2009, 21:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 108,185

Hi everybody

I am a guitarist, and I 've just bought an Imac 20" Intel core 2 (switch from PC)

Problem : My line6 toneport UX2 is no more compatible
I need a small usb sound card to plug my guitar

what about the MAudio Fast track ?

thanks for the help

This post has been edited by taloujazz: Sat 25 Apr 2009, 21:54
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lancet
post Sun 26 Apr 2009, 02:44
Post #2

Member No.: 46,480

are you sure it doesn't work?

line6 seems to think it did as of March.

http://line6.com/community/thread/2311

--------------------

+Quote Post
N2groove
post Sun 26 Apr 2009, 04:56
Post #3

Member No.: 81,952

I use the StealthPlug from IK Multimedia. You have countless options on guitar plugins with it.

+Quote Post
strangedogs
post Sun 26 Apr 2009, 05:37
Post #4

Member No.: 66,239

My UX2 works fine with my Imac???

+Quote Post
edthened
post Sun 26 Apr 2009, 09:23
Post #5

Member No.: 107,647

Hi:

Have you installed Line 6 Monkey on your Mac yet? You will need to do this, and then do a "refresh" of the UX2 serial number to re-register it on your new machine (and effectively de-register/de-activate it from the old machine). Sorry that I can't remember the specific step-by-step details, so you will probably have to reference the Line 6 forum for these. I have always run my Line 6 products on a Mac, but I had a similar sort of issue when my hard disk got corrupted and I lost all my Line 6 software and drivers (Toneport KB37 drivers, Gear Box, the lot), and managed to re-download and re-install everything from scratch. From what I recall, you enter 'refresh' instead of the actual serial number into Monkey, but I was in a bit of a panic at the time, so, again, best to check with the manufacturer for the precise sequence.

Basically, I believe that whichever Line 6 device you are using only seems to work with one specific machine at one time (a bit like a dongle), and also has to be registered on-line with Line 6, but I could be totally wrong., as I haven't tried connecting to any other machine apart from my own Mac.

Not sure if that helps?

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Sun 26 Apr 2009, 09:25
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

I'll have to second that. I bought a "tone direct" interface to go with my macbook pro and it seems ok.... Have you sent your Monkey online to check for updates?

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

+Quote Post
taloujazz
post Sun 26 Apr 2009, 12:29
Post #7

Thanks for your answers

>edthened
I try that and I tell you
but you probably right

www.myspace.com/taloujazz

+Quote Post
taloujazz
post Sun 26 Apr 2009, 18:05
Post #8

ok then
everything is plug and recognized
re register on line6 website, update for gearbox and monkey (drivers)

but no sound from my guitar, i can hear from my mac speakers a song
and the level is at half on viewmeters, very strange ...

could you tell me please what are your settings in gearbox, garageband and preferences system

thanks

This post has been edited by taloujazz: Sun 26 Apr 2009, 18:05

+Quote Post
edthened
post Mon 27 Apr 2009, 08:51
Post #9

Hi!

I will check my settings when I get home tonight. Although I normally use Abelton Live, I obviously have Garageband installed as well, so I'll try that out this evening with the . In the meantime, from what I remember, Gear Box did need a bit of a 'kick-start', so you might want to try running it up first before starting GarageBand and making sure that you set the 'Input' selection to 'Instrument', as it may be defaulting to one of the Line or Mic options.

When you say that the level is about half on the meters, do you mean it is static at that level (constant dB) or are the meters fluctuating in response to the music dynamics.

More details to follow...

+Quote Post
edthened
post Mon 27 Apr 2009, 17:19
Post #10

Hi!

Just trying out a set up with Garage Band, and found one amusing little glitch - if you update the driver for the Tone Port product (as I just did), make sure you disconnect the USB cable after rebooting with the new driver, wait about 5 seconds, then reconnect while still powered on, otherwise the Tone Port and its registration may 'disappear' from Line 6 Monkey's device table, and will show up as 'unregistered' locally, but 'already registered' on your web account! Catch 22.

BTW: From your what you say, I think you are still using GearBox - so at some point, you will probably want to switch to Pod Farm (GearBox is end-of-maintenance now), although I believe there is some cost involved in this unless you have already bought and activated GearBox in its plug-in option. Ironically, if you are a new convert to Line 6, you get Pod farm and RiffWorks for free, and a whole bunch of 'Gold Pack' extras (i.e. they are now bundled options), whereas the more loyal patrons and early adopters have to pay for the same upgrades. Such is life.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:37
- © MacMusic 1997-2008