MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oh Nooo!
Lister Coleman
post Mon 6 Mar 2006, 05:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,024

Hi all, somewhat new here, don't post a lot.

5 months ago after a lot of research and agonizing over the decision, I did a hardware upgrade from Digi 001 to 002R. My big concern was the power harness issue. My 001 was spinning like a top, everytime just worked perfect over and over. The problem was support was dropped, I could not upgrade my OS to Tiger etc etc and Quicktime was causing problems. You all know the story.

So when I heard of the new and improved power harness, I called Digi and was told that while they could not guarantee I would not have any sort of a failure, they had had no reports of power harness failures since the new harness had been introduced. So I dropped the $1100 and did the exchange. Shortly after that I bought Pro Tools 7 as I missed the free upgrade by 2 days and had to pay for it.

Anyway, I made sure I got a unit with the serial number ending with G signifying the new type harnesses. I thought I was set.

Today I come breezing into the studio with an idea, punch up a quick drum pattern with iDrum, go to open Pro Tools and get the nessage " Unable to locate the Digidesign Hardware...." etc

I have tried everything I can think of.Tried different FW ports, repaired permissions, trashed prefs etc. The buttons all turn on and off on the face, the LED at the rear by the port is lit, but I cannot open a session as it cannot locate the hardware.

I am so pissed. Is anyone else out there with a newer unit having this kind of problem. I would love to hear from you. I mean is it too much to expect something that costs $1100 to work everytime? I mean all the other tons of digital gear I have does, even my digital camera's and cam corders are more reliable than this and have a better track record.

Man I am really angry. I am just thankful this was not in front of a client or if I had to record something under a tight deadline. I am also concerned that Digidesign does not care that much about 002 users. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dangt
post Mon 6 Mar 2006, 06:18
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 23,835

Sounds like a harness issue. i went through this recently, but my 002r is 2 years old.

I took i back to the shop i bought it from and they replaced the harness in about 15 minutes, no charge.

No probs since. The unit has been very reliable except for this harness issue.

+Quote Post
UP Multimedia
post Mon 6 Mar 2006, 08:01
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 69,997

Damn brother... That is #%&k+d Up... Feeling your pain... Ouch... If I would have had more money I would have been a Pro Tool user too. Glad I could only afford Logic. You'll get it sorted... There are several on this Forum who can help... Sorry, I ain't one of em!

+Quote Post
Lister Coleman
post Tue 7 Mar 2006, 04:31
Post #4

Member No.: 66,024

Thanks you guys. Still trying to get through to Tech Support on it. I will keep you posted.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 5 May 2024, 02:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008