MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic Pro 8?, Does anyone have a bit of info?
Derok
post Wed 14 Feb 2007, 19:10
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,131

In response to:

I'd also like to see more fixes and focus on stability rather than some flashy new synth plugin that ships with Logic 8.

Man, come on! I've been a faithful Logic user since it's early days as Notator on Atari. First of all, Logic has come a long way; and it IS the best DAW on the market for producing music in any way that u may desire; BUT many
amazing software programs such as Ableton Live are offering more creative options by which we can create music. Fixes and focus on stability is important; but I think Logic 7.2 has seen Logic working at it's best (thanks to FINALLY fixing the stability of REWIRE).
I personally WOULD like to see more "flashy new synth plugins" amonst other things, a desperately needed overhaul on Guitar Amp Pro, even an overhaul on the sonic quality of EVP88 and EVD6 wouldn't be a bad idea now. Time stretching and / or pitch shift on the fly. Can we get a Logic AU plugin that functions like Prosoniq's Ambisone for more control over the placement sounds in the "3-d stereo" field. 5.1 mixing plugins!!! I think a lot of us would looooove to see that. We as faithful users should WANT to see more progressive things happen with this software... not JUST stability fixes in a Logic Pro 8 uprgade. We've waited long enough for it already!

PS
Thanks for that info jannop... I hope it's true.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brian Stone
post Sat 17 Feb 2007, 08:05
Post #12

Member No.: 84,034

QUOTE (hahaworld @ Sat 10 Feb 2007, 15:28) *
I was thrilled to see this topic come up! laugh.gif

Logic Pro is in DESPERATE need of an upgrade. I have alluded to this in previous posts, but it absolutely does not sit well with me that Apple is still selling a 32-bit native program to be used in 64-bit machines. The fact is, Logic does not recognize all the power in the new computers, and so many errors continue to plague us that should not be. Apple is very hush-hush about this, however, and if you call their tech support to complain about the hardware problems, they will re-direct your questions every time and claim that you are having a software issue. Then they proceed to try to make you buy a software tech support session for some outrageous sum. Moral: never rely on Apple Tech Support. I've never gotten any good information from them. MacMusic is the best place to solve your Mac Audio problems. This site is populated with pure genius, and I'm fortunate to have discovered it.

Does anyone know anybody at Apple who can tell us for sure if an upgrade is coming?

HaHaWorld

What exactly do you know? How could anyone who isn't a programmer know what is going on under the hood in an app like Logic?

I was at NAMM last year and spoke to an engineer about 64 bit. The #1 reason to go 64 bit is the ability to address huge amounts of RAM. I think Logic supports up to 16GB of RAM. I think that's plenty. Other than this he said the performance gains are totally nominal and more of a myth. Anyone here actually a programmer who knows? I'd love for someone with real expertise to chime in!

As for Apple tech support. I believe they have different levels of support. I think they offer top end support for $$$, but you can get free support for some period as a new user. Apple is more like DIgidesin in this way. They make professionals users pay for long-term support. If you are running a studio - you can't afford down time, so for some pros this type of service is a bargain.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/proaudio.html

I guess you have alternatives.. other companies have lifetime support for thier products, but never answer the phone or keep you on hold for an hour. At least Apple picks up the phone. :-) Well, in all seriousness, most of the small companies do pretty well. Sometimes you even get a programmer on the phone who really KNOWs! I'm sure I'd never get that at a big company like Apple or Digi.

Anyhow, your point about getting support on forums is absoutely bang on. I never get better support from the companies who make the software. Just how it goes.. well, actually, i should admit, I've never purchased an expensive service contract from Apple or Digi, so i don't know how the 'others' live.

/rant off

+Quote Post
Marsu
post Tue 20 Feb 2007, 14:13
Post #13

Tikophobe forever…
Group Icon

Group: Team
Member No.: 11,773

The last news on Logic 8 are on the french version of 440Forums :

- The name Logic is over. Apple want a new name for a totally new DAW. This new software works only with Léopard.

- Most of rumours speaks on a software with a new interface based on a large multi-touch display that lets you control everything using only your fingers, like the iPhone.

- This new DAW have 30 virtuals instruments and shoud be come with Léopard and the new version of the iLife suite.

cool.gif

--------------------
Site à jourBlog
N'hésitez pas à contribuer à l'AudioLexic !
Petite boutique en ligne iApps

+Quote Post
ssax
post Tue 20 Mar 2007, 13:07
Post #14

Member No.: 35,211

I think if you want to see what Logic 8 (or whatever Apple chooses to call it), take a look at Soundtrack Pro from Apple. There you will see:

- a totally revamped user interface
- all the effects are there (no surprise as they are all audio units, and Apple knows a thing or two about software architecture and reuse of components)
- an enhanced assets browser

What is missing is the Midi capability and therefore also the syths. The rumored multi-touch surface IMHO will be an option as Apple cannot expect that all users of Logic will purchase also a new control surface.

That's my 2c

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Thu 27 Jun 2024, 08:55
- © PcMusic 1997-2007