MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Monitors For A Hobbyist?, Just experimenting for now, low $$$
neilio
post Sat 28 Feb 2004, 17:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,488

Hi, all -

Some great resources here. Thanks everyone!

I'm a longtime "old school" (read: analog) pro musician / amateur engineer who recently looked at my Mac and said, "Why am I not using this to record with?"

So I went out and picked up a Tascam US-122 and a copy of Garageband to experiment with digital recording. I'm planning to get Logic 6 Express once it's released, but for now I want to just fool around and lay down some tracks (bass, guitar, vocals, and probably drum loops - I'm not going to be bringing live drums into the computer).

I currently am using the Monsoon Planar 9 speaker system, which is fine for light playback, but not so great as monitors (especially when I play bass into the computer). My budget is very, very low right now, mainly because this is all still just an experiment, and I don't want to invest a ton of money into something I may lose interest in. (Easily bored musician, know thyself.)

That said, I'm still looking for something that I could stick with for a little while if this turns into more than a passing fancy. Can anyone recommend a good set of monitors / speakers that would be good for someone in my situation?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 03:21
- © 440 Forums 2011