MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> "live"recording Usage Of, For Example, Reason 2, maybe i´m going about this the wrong way
skogge
post Sat 25 Jan 2003, 23:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,412

Hi guys, and girls if there are any ;-)

Need some help here. I´m not a midi guy, i´m a songwriter in the lo-fi, indierockfield that switched the Tascam for 450MP, also used for graphic design. OS is Jaguar.
I use the computer like I would the Tascam, recording old organs and guitarsounds channel by channel. The first thing I record is a basic drumtrack from an external drummachine just for tempo. Since I don´t have a sampler and no real piano (just a wurlitzer, my neighbours would n o t enjoy a real piano...), I´ve been looking into the softsynth alternatives and I found Reason 2. I love the woodwinds, the strings and pianosamples! It´s perfekt for my arranging/recording needs (until someone gives me money to go in to an all analogue studio ;-)
But how do I get those sounds recorded into the audioprogram (for the moment Deck 3.5, another soon to come option is digi001)? My current setup is the G4 450MP running OSX Jaguar, M-audio Audiophile 2496 and Bias Deck 3.5. I´m trying out Reason as earlier stated. Any suggestions? Maybe i´m missing out on possibilities here, stuck as I am in old habits and ways of doing things.

Regards

/skogge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 17 Jun 2024, 07:49
- © MacMusic 1997-2008