MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> New Macbook And Macbook Pro, right they are cute but…
lepetitmartien
post Wed 15 Oct 2008, 03:22
Post #1

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

As long as I have no issue with the FW 800 port only on the MBP (it's 400 retrocompatible so…) but the lack of Firewire port on the macbook just kills the interest for most audio/video users (save entry level).

To loose a port 400 which was not engineered well enough to prevent wrong direction connection won't make me loose my sleep, on the contrary, the 800 connector is way better in this regard. I've never understood why Apple clinged to the old port format when 400 and 800 are retrocompatible and we could have had a 400 flux behind a 800 connector just for the sake of not exploding the firewire chip with a wrong connection direction.

We'll have to switch to USB (bleeeeeeeergh) interfaces.

We'll have to find a way to at least suck the DV out of the camera, even if it's the images of little tommy walking for the first time (Steve is a family man isn't it?), it's firewire these…

We loose a fine platform for (broke) musicians and videomaker, even if most manufacturer will bring USB versions of their firewire interface, USB JUST SUCK!

Let me get this one more time:
USB SUCKS, BRING BACK FIREWIRE

(now you can rant as much as you want on the glossy screen, but I'm sure it doesn't annoy the guys at the marketing that users don't see a thing on glossy screens when outside and it's even a little sunny.)

Now, for some fun. When putting on air the new page for the macbook on the french Applestore webpage, it happened a nice tag error. It made the title beautifully engineered and so on that was translated in French as "Perfectly designed" change to "perfect cunt" (sorry)

we're still laughing laugh.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif (not even talking about the "unibody" word that makes no sense at all…) ^^

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 17 Jun 2024, 05:13
- © MacMusic 1997-2008