MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Performance Issues In Gb 2.0.2 That Don't Make Sense
nothing_is_not
post Wed 27 Feb 2008, 16:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,975

Hello everybody

My Setup
Powermac G5 1,6Ghz/1,25gb ram/OSX 10.4.11
Behringer FCA 202
GB v 2.0.2

The Situation:
A gb Project with
  • 1 audio track; no instruments no plugins no nothing
  • 1 instrument track rock drum kit 20 measures long
causing to stop playing back/record giving an error message that basically says "content of project too heavy for you computer to run" and the suggestion to check help file containing a list of things you can do to optimize GB's performance.
I only have this sporadically. Sometimes everything goes without a hitch and I can have

What I have done (to no avail) so far:
*Done all the things that's suggested in the help file to optimize GB's performance
*Checked activity monitor. The shown percentage CPU usage doesn't correlate with the periods where the issue occurs. for instance, when my G5's got "it" the issue would occur while CPU percentage would indicate no more than 35% and having no other apps running. At other times the issue would not occur while the activity monitor shows 65% CPU acitivity from GB alone and having other apps running.
*Tried running GB from external drive, tried opening the project file from external hard drive all to no avail.

it is being suggested to me that I try running GB and playing back while using the sound card built-in to the mac. at the moment GB is doing fine, but later today or tomorrow the issue will reoccur as it has been going on for more than a week now and then will be good time to test that. My guess is that it won't make a difference though.

So the issue doesn't appear to be CPU related hence what ive said about the activity monitor.
Tried logic express and shows identical behaviour to garageband apart from that Logic Express shows a core audio system overload error message (error code -10011)
And yes, I have checked the audio->system performance thing and the CPU gauge hardly shows any activity.

Allri

Cheers and thanks for reading!!

This post has been edited by nothing_is_not: Wed 27 Feb 2008, 16:12
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 19 Sep 2024, 03:59
- © MacMusic 1997-2008