MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Firewire Mixer, Need your experience...
jce44
post Thu 17 Aug 2006, 17:00
Post #1

Group: Validating
Member No.: 74,080

Greetings,

I have a need for live performance mixing for a setup of guitars (3- lead, bass & rythym) & vocals (2) and have also researched to purchase my first audio interface.

I'm looking at the Alesis MultiMix 12 channel Firewire Mixer.

My Mac G4 is fully upgraded with a Sonnet 1.8Ghz CPU and 2GB Ram. I'm running OS X 3.9 on the 2nd hard drive- 115GB, and OS 9 on the original HD. Just installed a Pioneer DVR-111 DVD/CD RW drive. Our gigs and my studio would be classified as "friendly" as opposed to "professional".

There's little information or feedback on Alesis Mixers in this forum, especially the newer MultiMix Firewire models. The lower price for the Alesis is hugely attractive to me (it's half what a Mackie would cost), and the fact that it comes with Cubase LE is quite a bonus. (500 bucks is more than I can afford, but am willing to spend to do both mixing and recording). I like manually controlling the mix with physical controls vs software.

Does anyone out there have experience with Alesis firewire mixers and could you provide some information regarding quality, customer service, and compatibility with my computer system?

Thank you for all comments.

--------------------
dB= deciBell. (CAPITOL "B") In honor of Alexander Graham...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 20 Sep 2024, 02:10
- © MacMusic 1997-2008