MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Getting The Right Software N Mac
janiesammut
post Sun 12 Jun 2005, 12:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,717

Hey guys n gals,
I need some help!!

Here's the deal, ma dad WAS going to get me a pc to do the cubasis route BUT now I have been accepted onto a music tech course which uses macs and logic.

As I want to get into music production seriously I guess now is a better time than any to pursuade ma dad to get me a mac rite biggrin.gif

I know the spec for a pc using cubasis and was set, but now I don't know what mac to get and whether to invest in pt or logic and then which version of this. so u see my dilemma blink.gif

+So that's what I ask of you.

*which is better, pt or logic? AND Which version?? (I'm workin on about an 800 budget here for a home thang goin on)

*Second of all what is the spec needed for a mac and which type works best

I have a great midi keyboard/piano, a lil mixer, a dynamic mic and, that's about it.

I am very serious about this, even though I am aware of the extra hardware needed for macs.

Which leads me to my final question.

*What is all the hardware needed and what are the best ones?? (please give me a range if poss where money is not an object i.e sound cards etc)

The type of music I am working on is RnB/Soul and some hip hop aswell as classical and whatever else the course throws at me.

I'll be using the midi keyboard a lot and using a dynamic mic for vocal input (being a singer and all biggrin.gif )

So, that is me, thank you for reading

(hope someone replys) unsure.gif

Bless

Jane
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 21:42
- © MacMusic 1997-2008