MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Who To Petition About Writing A Driver?, usb driver for midisport 4 freemidi?!?!
Drifta
post Wed 13 Oct 2004, 18:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,642

hello all,

I was just wondering who might be the responsible party for trying to get a freemidi compatible usb driver for the midisport 8x8 writen. I'm aware that I can use the OMS->FreeMidi setup but think that it's a bit daft. I'd like to have FreeMidi as my only midisystem b/c I'm using DigitalPerformer, b/c further developement on OMS has been stopped, and the process for making patch files for OMS that will show up in DP through FreeMidi is a total pain (not to mention not 100% reliable).

I don't know who I should start trying to contact. I've tried contacting both M-Audio and MOTU but received no response from either. I just wanted to know if there were any plans to develope anything to remedy the short coming. I'd even write the thing myself if I could get the specs for midisport, freemidi, and mac usb API.

anyone have any suggests or comments?
take care,
-Dr1f7@
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 27 Jun 2024, 22:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008