MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Mbox/usb Issue With Passive Hub, won´t work after using passive hub
lunar
post Mon 26 Jul 2004, 20:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,598

I plugged my Mbox into a passive USB hub which at the same time had another passive hub plugged into it (the Mac extended keyboard with mouse). The Mbox worked but had ferocious noise. I now know this was a mistake and the MBOX won´t work with a passive hub.

The problem is that now the Mbox won´t work through the actual Mac USB ports. With PT LE 5.2, I get an error saying "cpu usage is holding off usb audio, increase h/w
buffer or remove plug-ins". With Digital Performer 3.11 it just crashes the program after about a minute, and sometimes even freezes the Mac. None of this ever happened before.

Another symptom: I boot the Mac with the Mbox plugged in, but don´t open any audio programs. I unplug the Mbox, plug in my DSL modem, and the modem won´t boot up. Once I reboot the Mac, it works fine.

So the Mbox is obviously doing something funky to the USB port, or vice-versa.

I´ve reinstalled USB driver for Mbox, re-updated Mbox firmware, reinstalled Digi extensions, all to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!
Lunar

G4 Titanium Powerbook 867
OS 9 (native, not classic), with OS X 10.2.6 on separate partition
PT LE 5.2
DP 3.11
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- lunar   Mbox/usb Issue With Passive Hub   Mon 26 Jul 2004, 20:59
- - td3k   ...Sounds bad, I hope it's still under warrant...   Tue 27 Jul 2004, 02:08

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 22 Sep 2024, 15:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008