MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Good Lp Recording?, Need advice on LP to CD-RW setup
Thebookdoc
post Sun 21 Dec 2003, 15:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,569

I do a lot with computers having a background in image editing, but I am pretty new to digital audio (in the recording sense). I was a hi-fi enthusiast in my teens and collected some 1500 LPs that I'd like to transfer to CD. I can stand doing it slowly over a period of years, but need some advice on hooking the stereo into the computer and making the digital conversion -- I'm OK burning the CDs. I've a pretty nice audio setup with a preamp, and assume I can hook to the G4 with one of the various outs from the preamp. However, that is where the magic stops. Then I start making assumptions. Here's obviously where I need help.

1. I would assume I can get an RCA IN PCI card? If so, recommendations? I can't seem to find what I am looking for, most being digital OUTs.

2. Software recommendations for analog/digital conversion? I would want to do limited editing at this point -- and perhaps none (pops and clicks -- similar to where I started with digital image editing).

Or is there a better way? I assume I'd not really need a mixer of any sort considering the preamp.

In the long run, I might want to do some recording. I have an old 4 track TEAC reel-to-reel, and used to do some audio production in an analog environment, but that was back in the college radio station. Perhaps there are suggestions for a simple system with potential for upgrade?

Thanks...forgive my ignorance if this is easier than it seems.

Richard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 20 Oct 2024, 04:32
- © MacMusic 1997-2008