MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> What Can You Automate With Your Sequencer?
ebenoushi
post Sat 17 May 2003, 19:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,643

I've been using Protools free on OS9, and I'm trying to settle on an OS X app: DP, Logic, Cubase, or perhaps PT LE. I'm coming from video editing. I will do mixing and sound design for video (professionally) and some music produciton and recording (non-professionally). The features I consider most important are good audio editing and automation, in an environment that feels as much like a video editor as possible (where I'm at home). I have very limited midi experience, but would like to make use of it in the future, particularly if the sequencer I was using made it easy to figure out. I plan to add a control surface to whatever app I choose.

My question is this: How does the sequencer you use handle automation? What can/can't it automate? Cubase and Logic, from what I've seen, can display multiple automation tracks below an audio track, so you can see pan/volume/plug-in automation at the same time. Apparently in Cubase SX you can automate a plug-in's preset as well. This seems handy. Can you do that with Logic?

I appreciate your well-informed help.

OUSHI
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 20 Oct 2024, 20:32
- © MacMusic 1997-2008